Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

We really need clarification as to what is classed as emergency access...

have submitted this twice now and had it rejected twice under emergency access being blocked, when it is a walk in centre where the biggest emergency here would be a podiatrist appointment... can we possibly get some clarification as to what classes as an "emergency"?

Answers

• arcaicways-PGOarcaicways-PGO Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

it doesnt matter any hospital can be used for emergency if the need is there. this being said that stop could block acess to the hospital you admit is there. a normal player reviewing isnt gonna know if the hospital is being used for emergency or not all they are gonna know is is it marked on map as hospital if yes then oh emergency services can happen there cant block

• TWVer-INGTWVer-ING Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a chapel, church, playground, etc. would be blocking emergency services, they would not have built it there. This can never be a rejection reason for these kinds of objects.

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Hey if they can say a fire hydrant blocks emergency services despite the fact that the building residents were *told to stand there* the only time I've seen one used, your building that you admit is a hospital has a much higher chance of blocking emergency services than that.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Walk in centers sound more like doctor's offices than an emergency service. Theoretically there could be an emergency literally anywhere so that's a poor argument. I'm not familiar with the local culture where this is, but it doesn't appear that ambulances/fire trucks would go there on a routine basis.

Also, there are a lot of hospitals with a ton of POIs. You can have wayspots at a hospital, provided that it isn't in an area where it appears like it would get in the way of ambulances or other emergency workers. My local hospital hosts huge art exhibits and actively encourages people to visit them. I think we must be careful when evaluating things on hospital grounds and look it over closely and use common sense, but there isn't a blanket ban on them.

Edit to add: that doesn't mean the hospital itself is a good nomination. Just that eligible items on hospital grounds aren't an automatic rejection. They just require extra attention to detail.

Post edited by Sugarstarzkill-PGO on
  • grsmhiker-INGgrsmhiker-ING Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭

I googled this particular facility, and I'll echo what @Sugarstarzkill-PGO said... their website specifically states that they only treat minor, non emergency needs. So, they specifically do NOT fall under the "emergency services" category. In fact, I can tell you from personal experience that if you show up to such a facility needing emergency medical help, they are likely to just tell you to leave and go to a hospital.

• SavageBuneary-PGOSavageBuneary-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Your nomination is a separate building from the actual doctor offices or treatment rooms, right? In that case this should not have been rejected for emergency access/services. Maybe next time, stress that it is a separate building or wing of the centre rather than highlight the actual centre and what it does, which isn't your nomination anyway. Some reviewers will read the description and see "hospital" or "patient" and don't bother to read and analyze and will just reject outright.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally cant see any reason to reject this, irregardless of the walk in center, this is a chapel, people will be expected to go to it and congregate at it, so no, this should not have been rejected

• Parasyte260176-PGOParasyte260176-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

This is interesting to me as my partner submitted a map of the hospital that is situated at one of the entrances from one of the hospitals car parks which is located inside and it was rejected because it will block emergency staff etc yet inside this same hospital there is a stop which is inside the hospital and a gym that is located outside which I cannot understand how they was accepted. Also my partner tried to get the education centre that is located at the rear of the hospital and is used to train and educate medical and non medical staff not just from the UK but also international doctors surgeons nurses and dentists etc and it was rejected for two reasons one for blocking emergency staff etc and it doesn't meet the criteria yet it should of been passed because it comes under educational and connects people from different parts of the world.