Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because something is old doesn't mean it is eligaible as a historical structure.

• Samantha121111-PGOSamantha121111-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yep and i agree with that statement. But the reasons that were given act like it is on a military base or obstructing emergency services. Or location can not be found but its clearly visible from satellite . Or blurry picture? None these reasons seem applicable. If the doesn't meet criteria reason was given i could understand that as like you said just because its old doesn’t mean it should be a stop.

• WindStalker46-PGOWindStalker46-PGO Posts: 55 ✭✭

If a submission meets one out of all the criteria it is actually acceptable as a valid submission and hence shouldn't be rejected. For example a submission players keep rejecting are national cycling route signs, now I looked into all criteria in one they would be invalid as a submission but they do fall under a very strong reason for accepting which is do they connect people around the world which they do, they connect people from all over Britain and then connect to all the EU Countries as they link together.

• WindStalker46-PGOWindStalker46-PGO Posts: 55 ✭✭

So with that said I looked at your submission and it would fall in historic or community significance if in the discription it was mentioned.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

The rejection reasons are usually a mix of some bogus, and maybe one that actually applies. The one about location was because someone (or several people) gave it low ratings in the location section. Which is odd because you can see it on satellite. A lot of people don't realize giving 1* or 2* in any section counts as a rejection.

For the nomination itself, if its listed on a historic register, or on a list of historic things to preserve by the city, include a link to that in the supplemental info for proof. If it's not significant enough to be mentioned anywhere, it may indeed just be "old". The main photo doesn't warrant a rejection, but it does look a little boring, you can't really tell what you're looking at. There might be a better angle for it.

But overall, you'll need to find some way to prove to reviewers it's something historic.