Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

How Would You Review On A Threatre Stage Door?

As see here, it's down an alley:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.27457,0.5220803,3a,73.7y,289.23h,78.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sI5whbNEm6tr8n45fkLME5A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I was going to have this description for it:

"All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts..." William Shakesphere, from the pastoral comedy As You Like It.

Best Answer

Answers

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

The theatre may be eligible. The door itself? Coal.

• BattleTARDIS-PGOBattleTARDIS-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

Normally I wouldn't support something like a door becoming a pokestop, but I have to say it is very unique and somewhat of an attraction in its own right. One thing to consider though is, does the theatre already have a pokestop? If so you run there is a risk of not getting a pokestop, even if you get the nomination accepted. I'm sure the Ingress community might appreciate having a new portal though.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be 50/50, it's quite unique looking

• SavageBuneary-PGOSavageBuneary-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Looks cool! But it says "Enquiries only", so it's a place the theatre owner doesn't want unwanted people to congregate at, I guess. So I'll probably reject this, especially if the theatre itself is already a wayspot anyway. Maybe there are other works of art inside the theatre you can nominate instead.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually yes, the theatre is already a Wayspot. It is also the Wayspot in the next door cell (there are several in Ingress) that appears in Pokémon GO. If I do nominate and people do decide to mark is as a duplicate, I cannot then claim ignorance therefore.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I would mark this as a duplicate of the theater. And if the theater wasn't already a Wasypot, I would reject it because it is not eligible in its own right. As @NianticCasey-ING said before, Wayfarer is not about getting "as many locations as possible but rather unique, interesting, artistic or notable local hotspots".

Many of us have grown very weary of seeing people constantly attempting to game the system in order to get as many Wayspots, specifically Pokestops, as possible, whether it be through deliberate mislocation or attempting to divided a single POI into mutiple components (such as nominating two or three Wayspots out of a single baseball field).

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The theatre could meet criteria but a doorway/entrance, I'd say no.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's last bit I can understand from both sides, I can see why it's annoying to people who have reviewed for years to see peolle gaming the system, but at the same time, submitted want stuff to make all the games more fun, and its us doing work for niantic for free, both submitting and reviewing, so I dont mind a little bit of gaming if its moving a max if 5 to 10 meters away.

In terms of this though, I would have been 50/50 as it is unique looking, so it does fit that argument from casey, and the unique architecture and could argue historical significance for it for criteria. The for the duplication bit, they arent submitting the theater, they are submitting something attached to it, I wouldnt see it as any different from submitting something inside or submitting some other type of architecture in the building, it's a separate poi.

I was doing a bit of thinking on this. A stage door is often where members of the public gather to get autographs from the actors. On that basis it would count as a meeting place in its own right and therefore be accepted?

A couple of examples of cemetery war memorials from me: