Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• mcwomble-INGmcwomble-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

Same here - red for no apparent reason after a 7 week break

I stopped reviewing for seven weeks for work reasons.

I had a green rating and 71% approval rating when I stopped.

I return to review after the 7 weeks, I still have 71% approval but I now have a red rating.

Why??

Reviewing further portals dont seem to be credited so what's my incentive to continue reviewing?

Reading through all the comments there feels to be some kind of bug here.

In my case 71% acceptance and a Green rating, dropped to Red but still 71% after a seven week break due to work.

There seems little point continuing to review until this issue is resolved.

We can't all have changed our review processes after all these years.

• MagicalJourney-INGMagicalJourney-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Niantic need to tell me, why should I still examine proposals? When I got red rating (after 8months in green rating) and my suggestions still are in voting for 3 months.

It's too frustrating yet.

Well I've gone down from 20-40 reviews a day during my lunch break to just the one per day and being very very selective about that one - dead certs only..

No incentive to review whilst I'm in the red and not getting badger credit.

18 valid acceptances so far but no sign of the red pointer moving.

• BSHM-INGBSHM-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

Kind of bug.... But NIA HAS SAID ABOUT IT. NOT A BUG, WE ARE NOT GOOD WAYFINDER

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/2000/reviewer-rating-dropped-for-no-good-reason#latest

Just read this. Looks like for last 3 months - rating in red is feature from Niantic, not a bug.

• WhiteLionHeart-PGOWhiteLionHeart-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have been rating waypoints since Wayfarer was available to the general public. My rating was always in the green, sometimes showing as off the chart to the right of the green. I have not changed how I rate waypoints, nor have I changed the speed with which I rate them or any other discernible change to my participation. Yet in April/May 2020, my rating dropped to the RED. I completed the quick test to bring my rating back to the middle of the range. And again, with no discernible change in what I've been doing, I've been stuck in the red almost immediately after completing the quick test/reset.

I have reviewed over 1,250 waypoints with 667 agreements for a 53% ratio. I would need more detailed training options to improve my agreement percentage if in fact all other reviewers followed the reviewing methods prescribed.

The question is, how do I get back in the green???

• DanielLazzari-PGODanielLazzari-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Just to keep up adding more to the thread, have been reviewing ever since Wayfarer was available as well, was on Green for the longest time, at the same time as everyone else, dropped hard, can't get up for whatever reason. Over 1800 reviewed, over 1000 agreements, I just want my Wayfarer PoGO medal and be done with this, because it's honestly tiring, with how brief of a review we must provide for stuff that is way more complex than just some quick answers.

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

Just checked my mail.

In June 3 nominations go online (only with help of upgrade), in July - only one and one more in upgrade.

I have 30 nominations in queue and in voting. I can't find any reason to continue submitting :((

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is exactly what is happening.

there are too many differences in local voting. it cannot be that i have to vote on things from Poland, the Czech, France, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Denmark and Austria.

These countrys all have their own "things" that only the locals would accept as wayspots (just like for example the Laavu) - noone there would reject it, but someone other got it into voting, tanked it, and so the locals dipped.

As I stated here before, if Germany would have to rate on the UK submissions, and UK on Germany, we would even have a bigger kerfuffle, as we do not accept Bars (we dont have "Pubs") and Restaurants that easily like the UK.

@NianticCasey-ING the voting Area is simply too big - reduce it to the country the Wayfarer is voting in (or last did action on a portal/pokestop) - the wayfarer Team simply has ignored these regional differences or put them aside as beign not relevant.

Sure they are relevant. As we told you before we do not put things anymore in Upgrade, as they are pushed into the country and adjacent countries. Our Upgraded things always tank then.

• pakoesilvia13-PGOpakoesilvia13-PGO Posts: 127 ✭✭

Me I am new and I am in yellow just in the middle because I cannot review anything.... so if there are issues with old and new reviewers at the end Niantic will have only very few reviewers... i am already disappointed and I dunno whether I will go ahead trying everyday to have something to review.

edited July 2020

Maybe it's a miracle or Niantic chenged somenthing (i don't know) but today i returned in green after 3/4 months.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Have you reviewed many submits, and how long did you take in general for doing a review?

I reviewed 50/60 proposals (or more) like 20 seconds for rejected 1 minute for accepted.

i don't changed my approach on reviewing, I only need the upgrade for my nominations...

• goshitisme-INGgoshitisme-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Agree 100% ! Here in Oslo, Norway we experienced a couple of very good weeks with throughput in Wayfarer just before easter this year I believe. Nominations reached decisions within days(without using upgrades). What happened at that time was that 90% of the wayspots we got assigned to review was in Oslo or the neighbouring county. This must have accelerated throughput, provided for better decisions and motivated both submitters and reviewers. Why can't we get more local nominations to review ? A lot easier to do a good review on a nomination that is in a location you actually know by heart.

• I have the same error..

• This situation happened after the new medal was implemented. Perhaps somebody left a code line commented

• Deeptrap-PGODeeptrap-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2020

Here Also

In pogo my wayfarer agreements hanfs on 8 while 200+ are accepted

• Petemagnus-PGOPetemagnus-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I prey You to investigate because it’s insane this method of rating. I’ve been always on green rate and cannot return on green since two monthes, even if I’m reviewing only ten wayspots for session waiting a lot of days before another session. There are so many people in this situation and we are sure that is not working as expected. We are bored, please help us.

• pakoesilvia13-PGOpakoesilvia13-PGO Posts: 127 ✭✭

Me too I was in yellow ad then in red, then again in yellow and finally in yellow again.. this just in 1 week. Why? Probably because We review a lot and a lot of people is not reviewing now... so more than half of what we reviewed is still in voting for days and days and our profiles have many reviews done but very few.accepted. and thi shift you in red. JUST GO ahead reviewingand,pls,if it ask you to repeat the test just to improve your rate, dont do it. Just go ahead reviewing until you canbecause jf you fail test you cannot repeat it anymore.