Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No email confirmation for new nominations, accepted, rejected, or edits

Comments

• Xevvik-PGOXevvik-PGO Posts: 1

I just had this happen to me this evening as well. Had 7 available nominations going into this evening (last nominations were my last two on the morning 7/1). Submitted three potential POIs within about a half hour of one another (between 7 and 8 EST). All three were shown as successfully submitted by the app. But when I go into Wayfarer, I only see the first 2...and just noticed that I only got those two emails as well. But the app is only showing me with 4 available nominations now.

• Callistemon40-PGOCallistemon40-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Bonjour, j'ai perdu 3 nominations hier. Décomptées du compte sur Pokémon go, mais pas de mail et rien dans wayfarer non plus 😟 si au moins je pouvais les récupérer pour les refaire..... Bon courage.

• Xeno9714-PGOXeno9714-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I've the same problem. Yesterday I've lost my notification for "Scalinata di Tripoli". No email. No report on Niantic Wayfarer.

• VidarEagle-INGVidarEagle-ING Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

I had this happen to me. The next day I resubmitted and upgraded since I got an email to the second one... Then some hours later I got an email on the first one. Now 3 days later, the upgraded one is still "In queue", and the first which was delayed is "In voting"... That was really an upgrade wasted on Wayfarer bugs... This is in an area where there really is not a lot of waypoints, so I don't get why the upgraded one didn't go into voting nearly immediately, and that the un-upgraded duplicate went into voting is just annoying.

• JackInTheSucc-PGOJackInTheSucc-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

This issue happened to me yesterday. The first nomination did get a confirmation email, but the second and third nomination did not. I then did my fourth and fifth nominations and they did get confirmation emails. I wonder if this issue will be resolved, or if I will ever get my two nominations back.

• MalarjusVoynich-INGMalarjusVoynich-ING Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

I have a suspect: it seems that Niantic is controlling submissions that their algorithm detects as "suspicious". After they decide that a submission is ok, the submission goes through, the email is generated and it appears on wayfarer.

Yesterday I did 4 submissions, but only 2 went through immediately. I've had this issue recently, maybe it's correlated: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/5129/potential-disfunction-of-the-bad-words-detection-algorithm#latest

• Waspman18-INGWaspman18-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hello there,

Yesterday I submitted 14 nominations using Ingress, and while everything seemed alright, I went to check them in wayfarer, and suddenly I see 2 of them missing. No mail confirmation was sent for neither of them as well. I tried to reach the wayfarer team, and I got this answer:

Hello Agent, Thanks for your report.

If you are not receiving confirmation messages for your Portal submissions, then they are not being successfully sent to us. The issue is likely occurring because Ingress sync is not active. On Android, to confirm, go to Settings > Accounts & sync >Google > (Player Email). There should be a checkmark next to Ingress here. On iOS, make sure that you are not closing/exiting Ingress immediately after sending Portal submissions.

You may also want to check your email's spam folder to make sure that any submission notifications are not being sent there.

Regards

The thing is, when I go to settings>Accounts&Sync, Ingress (Nor Pokemon Go), appear there, and I tried in so many ways to find out why they aren't appear there in order to check their syncs, respectively.

I wonder, as well, if the sync is turned off, why 12 of the nominations reached the Niantic servers, and instead of all of them, only two dissapeared? Doesn't make sense to me.

I suspect this matter could be some kind of bug, which need to be immediately adressed and resolved since it would be a total dissapointment, having to face an issue like this, every time I/we use my/our submits.

I have created 503 portals as of now, (I use all of my nominations every 13 days), I really love the proccess of discovering and helping many communities, but I spend time, money (no need mentioning the extreme walking I have to do sometimes), and I, or should I better say WE, as a community, need to be heard by Niantic, if this matter is really caused from a bug.

• hshyboy-PGOhshyboy-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same here, I met same Problem. oh my god. Niantic, Please send to me confirmation email.

• Clarkee013-PGOClarkee013-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello @NianticCasey-ING is there any further news on my issue? I've never had emails and have had recent rejections for reasons currently unknown to me.

• xScorpio12x-INGxScorpio12x-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just submitted 3 nominations using ingress. All of them got the "Nomination submitted successfully" message after the submission was done. I only received 1 email for one nomination submission and that I can see in Wayfarer. After 3 hours of submission I still havent received any email for the other submissions and they are not yet in my list of nominations on wayfarer. Anyone else also experiencing something like this?

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a PoGO submission yesterday afternoon. Received the email this morning, and the nomination in my Wayfarer account as well. It looks like submissions are taking longer than normal to appear, but they are appearing.

• good morning everyone

After receiving a request, but not receiving the confirmation email, and counted as if the request was made, it does not appear in my account as a request

• TheJewgernaut-PGOTheJewgernaut-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks @BaltiCalling-ING - I had one this morning not appear yet myself (confirmation screen in game, but no email), and was getting frustrated, but holding out hope something like this was happening. Fingers crossed!

I'm quite jealous of folk that get emails, even if it's delayed!

• Stinemi03-PGOStinemi03-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

One of my nominations have been accepted since july 10th. Got an email confirming the nomination had been submitted, but never got one after it was accepted. It has yet to appear as a portal in Ingress or a stop in PoGo. Have also checked that its not within 20m of another portal. Kinda at a loss here.

ID: iRY0Ze1RgwQbw15nCFnMHimXRtfLAPO8+P6MdWOZY38=

• MatildaWolf-PGOMatildaWolf-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

This happened to me today. Submitted four things in PoGO and only got email confirmations for three of them; but I did get four submissions deducted from my account.

Hoping it just got delayed for some glitchy reason and I'll get an email later like the others said.

Here's some more specific info if it helps:

The only one I didn't get a confirmation for was the first one I sent. All the later submissions got an immediate email confirmation.

The one that didn't get a confirmation for was one that I had to attempt submission multiple times due to "image upload timeouts."

• SleepyzzCat-INGSleepyzzCat-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Same issue. 3 submissions on 17th July 2020 local time. Only received 1 confirmation email (the second nomination). Did not receive for the other 2 submissions.

On checking Wayfarer Nomination Management, only the one that I have received the confirmation email appeared. The other 2 that I did not receive any confirmation emails are missing. But my number of nominations left has already been deducted.

UPDATE:

The 2 emails finally came in succession, over 24 hours after submission. Took over 30 minutes later before appearing on Wayfarer Nominations Management.

Submitted another 4 portal candidates today (18 July 2020) and received only 2 confirmation emails (1st and 3rd submission). Now waiting for the other 2 emails.

Post edited by SleepyzzCat-ING on
  • ENOTIK2019-PGOENOTIK2019-PGO Posts: 1

Отправил 6 номинаций , 2 потерялись. Подтверждение на почту не пришло ...

• ConPhanTeus-PGOConPhanTeus-PGO Posts: 1

Same issue. Nominated 4 stops yesterday (17th July). Two got confirmed by email and shows up at the wayfarer nominations page, but two didn't get confirmed by email and doesn't show up at the nomination management page. I did spend 4 of my available nominations though.

• KirkTheGinFiend-PGOKirkTheGinFiend-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I've also had this issue. Yesterday I submitted a waystop in my local area, no email, doesn't show up in my submissions in Wayfarer. It's local to me so I'm just not sure whether I should burn another submission re-submitting it or wait and hope that it'll show up.

• Tamadri-INGTamadri-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Yesterday, 17.07., i tried to submit some (7) new POI, even some more crosses. I only reveived the confirmation-EMail from Niantic for 3 POI. Where are the others. I checked my spamfolder. It's frustrated, just wasted 4 nomination options...

In Wayfarer there are only the 3 ones.

• TheJewgernaut-PGOTheJewgernaut-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

I put in a submission 7/17 in the morning, received in-game but not email confirmation. I waited about 24 hours since so many folks said things were coming in late... nothing. So I went and resubmitted the same spot this morning. An hour after I put the new submission in, the old one came through. This is straight up (unintentional) trolling! 🤣

Look, server stuff happens (maybe Niantic got caught up in the Cloudflare stuff yesterday?), but those of us who are active in nominating and reviewing do so because we want to make the Niantic community better. It is extremely frustrating to all of us who are trying to build the community to see our submissions get eaten. It would build a lot of good will if there could be some sort of acknowledgement of the issues, and perhaps even a one-time bonus set of submissions as has been done in the past. @NianticCasey-ING

Thank you for your consideration, Niantic!

• xScorpio12x-INGxScorpio12x-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

So after 30 hours, both my submissions appeared in my nomination list and I also got emails of the nominations.

• larevolution-INGlarevolution-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue here...

Submitted 8 nominations this morning with ingress. 5 email confirmations and those ones appear in wayfarer. 3 are missing - no emails, not appearing in wayfarer. The 3 missing nominations counted for my 14 day cooldown.

Never had an email 😔

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

this seems to be a bit broken. i also again didnt get a confirmation mail. i am sure it will come in the next hours, but neverthenless @NianticCasey-ING theres a hickup in the system (not that it matters much, there are things that are more important, and i think the wayfarer team will alread work on them) (did i say that?)

• Heyboova-PGOHeyboova-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same issue. Is Niantic going to address this at all?

• KhorKing-INGKhorKing-ING Posts: 0 ✭✭

Hi,

I submitted 14 portals in 2 days. But when I check my wayfarer there were only 11 nomination listed. Even when I check emails, there were 11 emails.

Where is my 3 nomination and there confirmation emails. Can you Please look into this matter. And please this stupid Big. This is very just annoying.

• PIRO2007-PGOPIRO2007-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

今日、7件申請しましたが、候補に4件しか表示されません。メールも4件のみです。しかし、申請枠はなくなっています。