Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Items displayed in museum

I sometimes see items that are shown in a museum are nominated separately as waypoint. If I am correct I should reject this because the museum as it self would be a good waypoint. Am I correct?

Best Answer

Answers

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Museums also rotate displays, so individual displays will often fall under temporary.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten a few permanent exhibits in museums, but I wouldn't submit something I knew was temporary.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I think it would be situational. I certainly wouldn't reject a candidate simply because it's in a museum, but I would expect supporting information to help validate at least partial "permanence" and that it isn't a seasonal display. Many museums, zoos, art centers, and science centers make great locations for Wayspots and encourage education and appreciation of the arts and sciences. Sue The T.Rex is another great example of a permanent display at the Chicago Field Museum.

I doubt the nomination would willingly say that a display was seasonal, rotating, on tour, or temporary, but I imagine a simple search of the museum would explain that. And everything is technically temporary, its permanence is unclear I would probably accept; it can be removed at a later time as any permanently removed Wayspot may be.

• Hamson67-PGOHamson67-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

Thanks! That gives me guidance how to look at it. I didn't review it because I wasn't sure.