[Known Issue] Delays in Upgrades

Comments

• FunMom4Life-PGOFunMom4Life-PGO Posts: 35 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I'm confused. I thought all Wayfarer talk was now supposed to be in this forum and the other forum was locked. Yet, the official Niantic response is to go find a link to the old forum for the actual response??

I get that switching to a new site is hard, but it's way harder if some new communication is here and some is there.

Edit: Sorry. Misread. Guess I'll scroll way back to the top to read the update...

After reading the update, I don't believe the part about a filter catching game specific terms in supporting statements is correct.

A LARGE portion of nominations I review include things like "need more stops" or "would be a great place to play pokemon", etc.

I still see some of that in titles/ descriptions but those are fairly rare. I could see those getting through a filter. But not the ones in the supporting.

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

When nominating new candidates, avoid using URLs, emojis, or game-specific terms (will be great as a gym etc.) in the title/description/supporting text. This will help you avoid delays and save your Upgrades for eligible candidates.

How does this help to save upgrades for eligible candidates? The upgrade is applied automatically to whatever you nominate. But do automatic upgrades work correctly like manual upgrades?

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

@NIAPooja editing Casey's post honestly makes this thread more confusing. Can you please made future posts normal so they appear in chronological order? Thanks.

• SoziSozi Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

well .... still not much happening.

i think it would be rly faire when you would allow wayfarer people to chose 1 or more subbmissions (like 3 perhaps?) to get into voting with your help because they are stucking. some submissions are rly important and people who use the forum get rewarded. cant be that they stuck even with upgrade since over 5 weeks ...... be honest!

edited March 2020

ah ok sry now i get it ..... wow that "update" amazing haha!

but they told they wanted to look for the issus last weekend ....

• MoVENTURA-PGOMoVENTURA-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Would love to have an update to this. Still got one stuck from the 15th December. Upgraded and in voting.

I've had at least 28 subs approved since.

almost same like last post .... we all need rly help!

• Buoysel-INGBuoysel-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Hello!

Most of my nominations have also been stuck for many many months, even those that I applied upgrades on. All of them are in the NR02-GOLF-08 cell.

So far, I even withdrew 6 of my upgraded nominations that had been stuck for almost a year, re-submitted them (same text, same pictures) and then upgraded them again. 5 of them went through quite fast (within hours to a few days), but 1 got stuck in queue again... I’m getting kind of sick of wasting all my upgrades, so any help would be greatly appreciated. @NIAPooja @NianticCasey-ING

Thanks. 🙂

Btw. I have never received a result for a non-upgraded nomination before.

Post edited by Buoysel-ING on
  • TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@NianticCasey-ING A bit off topic, but still in the same arena, what about edits that have been held up in the queues for years due to lack of reviewers?

• adetia9-PGOadetia9-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

Any chance bout helping out areas with edits that have never resolved? Please? With a cherry on top?

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks a lot for these details! Something seems to have changed, I now got a lot more wayspots to review without description (old ones from Redacted).

thanks for info! but people can tell much stuff and at the end nothing happens. first I wanne see changes and this will only happens when people here tell about their old submissions ... same for me. i wanne see that old (months or some weeks) submissions are coming into voting ..... so many upgraded stuff and nothing happend.

• Affekong-INGAffekong-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

@NianticCasey-ING Well, I'm guessing that these 7 nominations are part of the remaining 1% older than Feb 20, 2020 then... :(

i even have submissions "after" feb 20 2020 wich are still in queue ..... hope something happens.

• CNachtwolf-PGOCNachtwolf-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

We're slowly chipping away at this and I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Patience @Affekong-ING I have also 4 left, give them some time.

one by one, slowly but steady👍️

• AlterTobi-INGAlterTobi-ING Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

I have a nomination stuck in voting more then 3 month now. I didn't track, when it went into voting state, but I think, it was October or November....

titel: die Arbeiterinnen

Portal image:

Unfortunatly it's not visible in Streetview (house is masked by Google), but in 3D view one might see it.

• SakoRUnited-PGOSakoRUnited-PGO Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

In general links can be used to maliciously attack ur pc/phone so i for one never click on links when reviewing, its unsafe. I Totally understand if Niantic would advise against it. @GearGlider-PGO

rly niantic ? i have so much stuff upgraded what is coming into voteing? something without upgrade ...... rly thanks .... NOT !

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell us Just one Thing @NianticCasey-ING @nianticPoojay - why in gods Name doesnt your system Just Take old submissions and priorize them 100% ? You could have one week or 2 days in the week Just to clear out that backlog?! I am still getting submissions from summer

• Seklai-INGSeklai-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi @NianticCasey-ING !

I have a question. What happen with the nominations in voting without upgrade? I have one from november and one from december.

I asked local wayfarers and not all of them had the opportunity to vote the nominations... and both are stuck. And I can't upgrade because they're already in voting 😩

@Seklai-PGO You can still upgrade nominations that are in voting. In fact, I feel like upgrades work best in the situation you describe! Good luck!

as some people mention it .... some people here get man % today even 1-3 upgrades. seems something happens. even one old submission of me was getting into voting and 5 hours later it was accepted! but lets see what the next days happens :) !