Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• DeivyTapia-PGODeivyTapia-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

De un momento a otro mi calificación ha bajado a rojo, me parece muy extraño porque mis calificaciones son estrictas, tengo claras las reglas a seguir para una buena propuesta. Algo está mal.

• Petemagnus-PGOPetemagnus-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I repeated the test a month ago and improved to yellow and after two reviews again in red.

Moreover I don’t vote a lot. I make sessions of ten reviews and before another session I wait until I reach ten agreements. I’m doing in this way since two months ago but I’m always in red even if my agreements percent is improving

• F3rBurgos-INGF3rBurgos-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

lo mismo me paso a mi desde que empezo el confinamiento por el covid-19, tengo muchas mejoras y el porcenjate de aciertos cuando califico siempre sube eso quiere decir que estoy haciendo las cosas bien y me han dado 29 mejoras equivalentes a 2900 aciertos pero en ingres mi medalla recon no es oro aun (2500)

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

It happened after they began to give +2 to recon ingress medal for 1 positive answer. I thnk the beginning was in the end of April. Looks like Niantic is not going to fix this issue.

• I have some weeks without changes, the medal for stops account have problems. Since July I have gotten 6 accord more and the medal don't has changed to 975. And even, I didn't show the evidence of June. But my doubt is, how obtained such sum. It would be 1026.

• Dlrken-PGODlrken-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

I have the same issues as everyone. I have around 3500 reviews performed (>60% agreement), was always green until now were I am red. I have 18 wayspots in voting mostly and are taking month and a half to give an output. This never happened to me before were maximum time would be like 3 weeks in my area.

This is frustrating because I am the only creator in the my town and I have to basically create different wayspots which implies that instead of focusing in that one wayspot that would result in a gym if it gets accepted, I have to create some wayspots that actually don't impact much in the game, and are in remote areas but basically I create them not to throw submissions.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any review you make in red does not count towards your badge :( so that is probably the difference you are seeing.

• Where I can get these guidelines that you mentioned me?

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

I was green for a year, 11 k + reviews, then went to yellow and started to review more slowly, went back to green after a while, but went back to yellow quite soon. Then back to green recently, and today back to yellow. This is possibly due to not fully processed submits, and they have told us WF is working "as it should".

But, it works in a way that actively penalize you for doing reviews, no matter if you follow the guidelines or not! Then, the design is just bad. :(

• algeorgieva-PGOalgeorgieva-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

My rating is stuck on RED for a very long time now. This is the main reason I stopped voting altogether as it doesn't **** any good.

I want to help my community and here I am ... all red all the time. Before the infamous bug with the rating got introduced I was in green and pretty quickly came down to red and it has been the same since then

@NianticAaron-PGO

• reedekolmteist-INGreedekolmteist-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

A month an a half? You are lucky.

I have four nominations in voting for nearly 11 weeks now.

Other areas, less portal tense, get quick replies but in my city, it takes months to go live. Nominations I did in May are still in voting.

So, we have an official answer from support

• Rating: As I've previously explained, the Rating is not broken but rather a reflection of decisions not agreeing with quality assurance checks on the backend. The Wayfarer team has even lessened the impact that disagreement has had over time to allow more users to climb back out of the red.

Does anybody believe in it?

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I would care much less about the impact the rating has if Niantic made any sort of action to improve reviewer education.

They're probably too embarrassed that some of their "pre selected accept/reject" are horribly bad examples, as they are probably as unaware of all criteria.

• sspp0000xx-INGsspp0000xx-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited August 2020

Well, I don't know what happened but I was green until may sometime (for about 1.5 years), then I went to yellow.. then eventually to red.. then to yellow.. then to red again.... Got demotivated...

...but, to get my upgrades I did a lot of reviews over a weekend while in red, and suddenly the next week I was at yellow one day, then after that ... green! 😮

Still at green, about 2 weeks later.. but not expecting this to stay like this, seeing how this has worked in the past.

As far as changes in reviewing behavior all I know is:

• I've on purpose not spent less than a minute on any kind of review, even the most clear rejections or the clearest accepts. Sometimes I even just let it sit in the background for some time idling.
    • I've probably rejected a few more now than I did before, but I think that's more to do with a lot of low quality submissions having come in while everyone and their children have had summer vacations, going random places with stuff they think are "cute"..

• Ech0Tom-INGEch0Tom-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

I've had over 400 agreements since being hit with this bug and i'm still red. It's not really reasonable to expect people to review hundreds of submissions for free when it was clearly a bug that caused this issue. Almost everyone that was hit with this had it happen within the same week/day.

The Wayfarer system runs on the good will of the community and this bug + lack of communication for months afterwards has seriously damaged that good will.

As far as I can see, it doesn't take missing a honeypot to be downgraded. This is since also submits not fully processed seems to influence your rating. So all you have to do, to get a low rating is, in fact, reviewing. Then you have to not do any reviews for a good while (a loong good while nowadays, since so many reviewers have quit).

If WF works that way, it just insanely bad coding. Unprocessed reviews shouldn't count towards your rating!

• mcwomble-INGmcwomble-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

Just when I thought it was safe to pick up the pace and risk reviewing some of the more "awkward" submissions, I find my rating has dropped into the red again.

Ah well - back to reviewing one or two per day and cherry picking the easy ones until my ratings improve.

If only there was some feedback to indicate what mistakes I've obviously made. Wont hold my breath!

☹️

• MrGSR-PGOMrGSR-PGO Posts: 0

My agreements is pretty much good but my wayafarer ID rating is poor, please manage me a re test for wayafarer rating test

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

The local submissions and reviewing for me is stagnant. So those in that standard pool are not reaching agreement. From Niantic Casey’s feedback an element of the rating is related to your reviews reaching agreement.

outside that area those in the fast track pool either because of priority location or upgrade are moving through and reaching agreement.

Perhaps the only way to improve this element of your rating is to skip anything in the standard pool and only review those in fast track. Since you can’t spot upgrades this would mean only those that look rural / distant.

Given the state of edits I think avoiding them would also be worthwhile.

This goes against the grain for me as I didn’t skip as I was happy to try and make a decision, and it also means ignoring my local area.

I might give this a go.

• Ou71and3r-PGOOu71and3r-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭✭

The rating issue seems to be fixed. Apparently they understood what they had done wrong. Most accounts here are now in yellow, and some even in green.

I knew it was too good to last.

Got back to being yellow about a week ago and since then I've been hyper cautious - choosing not to review the dubious submissions for fear of making a wrong decision.

Had a spate of 1* over the weekend and obvious 1*s at that - my Nominations rejected figure has climbed suitably but my Upgrade counter hasnt.

Quelle surprise - just now I am back in the Red.

Was it a case of reviewing too few or ignoring them?

C'mon Niantic - tell me what I'm so obviously doing wrong? Whatever tweaks and changes you've made are obviously not working and this review process is broken.

@NianticCasey-ING

If it's fixed why have I just dropped Red again - after a spate of obvious 1* in accordance with the AMA advice.

My stats just to indicate I'm not a neophyte when it comes to reviewing.

@NianticCasey-ING - any explanation as to what I've been so obviously doing wrong all of a sudden.

• 5telios-ING5telios-ING Posts: 4 ✭✭

Obviously not fixed. Totally demotivated by having to guess where the PoGoists want the church to be located and being punished for rejecting photos with a great big Redmi watermark.

• Treenite1-PGOTreenite1-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Please. Where can I read about rating? Because I seeting on red for 3 week and can't go out of it =( 1 minute and more for one nomination and accepted all nominations according to the rules. What am I doing wrong? 150 agreements out of medal =((((

My rating is all over the place. I've been to yellow and red a couple of times over just this week. This was probably due to me not agreeing with the general "concensus" (for an example, I denied a thing on a school ground which went into the game anyway, 30 minutes after).

Had it been a pre-reviewed nomination, the drop would have been harder.

Anyway, I suspect much of this (at least now) has to do with that they lowered the requirements a while back, so millions of new reviewers started using WF. And among them loads of multi-accounters. So it could be both inexperience, murky rules and cheating which causes it.

But at least, it doesn't seem so hard getting the rating back up again now. So what one can do, is to continue to review at a steady pace, following the rules.