Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Why is a playground a good nomination

So i have two questions why is it actually good these things are made for little children and it is defenitly not unique and massly produced

Question number two can you nominate like removable plastic slides etc for example if it is standing outside by a pub or restaurant

For example a toy like this

Answers

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've asked that very question myself, bo one seems to give a good answer that can cancel othe children and mass produced aspects but niantic say good so we over use them

That I would reject as mass produced and temporary

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

If that was inside an area that was set aside for a playground, maybe with other equipment, or had some sort of cushioning under the end of the slide to make a soft landing for kids, say at a pub or cafe then I'd probably accept it because although it looks cheap, it could form part of a permanent play area. I'd have to see it in context but it could be acceptable. But if it was just stuck on some grass on its own then I'd probably reject for temporary.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Plagrounds are accepted as communal gathering places. Many people feel that not all playgrounds should be accepted, but Niantic rules say otherwise (excluding PRP, schools etc. of course).

As a sidenote. Equipment on the playground being mass produced is irrelevant. What matters is if it's permanent or temporary feature/solution (see the answer above).

• Garfieldfreakje-INGGarfieldfreakje-ING Posts: 216 ✭✭✭

In this case i have another question i sometimes see like a bouncing playtoy on a footpath is that acceptable then or not because a playground is in my eyes a bunch of items because you can't gather people with one item

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

In examples of your questions, a photo would be much better. But it sounds eligible - encouraging outdoor activities and a healthy lifestyle.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that at first glance it seems like playgrounds are often mass produced/its not obvious why they ALL get accepted. Just echoing others that it's the community gathering aspect of it.

With that said- with something like the picture up top, I'd need convincing it was permanent. I haven't come across one like that while reviewing where it looks just like a plastic one that someone set on the ground. I'd give something like that additional attention/scrutiny.

• grsmhiker-INGgrsmhiker-ING Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭

I don't believe that the "mass produced" guideline was meant to apply to objects like playgrounds just because they may be manufactured or otherwise not one-of-kind. My interpretation is that it is meant to apply to things like art prints that one would buy at a store like Kirklands or the wallpaper "murals" in some Subway restaurants that have the train patterns on them.

However, I would need some good evidence that these plastic play sets are not meant to be temporary. In the absence of any such proof, I'd be inclined to assume otherwise.

Here's one that, to my surprise, was actually in place for over two years. I'd have probably rejected it as temporary:

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Overall, Playgrounds are valid candidates due to the community gathering aspect. Parents meet up to have their kids play together (or kids make new friends there while playing etc).

Just important to remember to nominate the playground as a whole and not every single item on it.

Playgrounds as part of business (a.k.a. The McDonald's Playgrounds Discussion) is something that has been turned and twisted around so often my head hurts.

The example of a playground structure you give isn't a sure thing in my eyes. These plastic things tend to be easily and quickly replaced, especially if they are outside where the weather damages it pretty quickly.