Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Miller

Garfieldfreakje-INGGarfieldfreakje-ING Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if a local company that produces products like meal due to a watermill could be allowed

I can't nominate the mill itself because you can only see it from a distance and it would probably be rejected because of safe pedestrian reason

I think millers are kind of unique and is some heritage since there aren't a lot of them anymore

Answers

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean the company uses an actual water mill? That's very cool! But businesses in general can be hard to get through. Maybe if you posted some pictures and some extra information, we could help you more.

• Garfieldfreakje-INGGarfieldfreakje-ING Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I could post a link with website but it is only in french and dutch since it is in belgium

But i saw breweries got accepted

So i figured this is kind of the same because it is a craft that produces regional products

The mill itself was written since 1200 and they got a lot of owners

The mill is since 1908 in the family of the current owners

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the actual mill accessible at all - for customers or on guided tours? If yes, I'd nominate that.

As I said, businesses in general are a hard sell, as lots of reviewers automatically reject it for "generic business", regardless of what it actually is.

Also, it's not a problem if the website is in French/Dutch, online translators are a thing. :)

You can't reach the mill you can look to it on a platform but will be rejected because of pedestrian there is also a plaque on the wall said Molenforum vlaanderen basicly it is something like a website about information about the millers and how you can get educated to be one

There is also a day where millers open their doors to the public and this is the case with this miller

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

The plaque sounds like a relatively easy one to get accepted if youhave access to take a clear picture of it. It sounds awesome by the way, that's a business with a bit of history behind it, and the open days sound like it is somewhere that is good to take a friend to visit to show them the area. Good luck

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree it sounds like a good nomination! Even though the water wheel is probably the better picture, I'd probably submit the actual plaque (its annoying that wayfarer is like that but the plaque will probably be an easier approval).

Reviewers do love a plaque! It's a shame because pictures of the item are nicer in game. Sometimes I take a picture of the item and the plaque as the supporting info but that usually gets rejected.

There is also an old mill

But that one was also rejected due these reasons: The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm, Nomination does not appear to be permanent or appears to be a seasonal display that is only put up during certain times of the year, The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it.

I think you can try the old wheel again with better photo. Try to zoom in more and make the wheel take up more of the picture to cut out the fence from the main picture. Even better try to get a picture where the fence doesn't show as well.

In the supporting information explain that the old wheel is from the mill that has open days to the public so is on display. Also use support /description to explain the history of the business. Try to take both pics with no car too.

Since no one chose the rejection reason 'does not meet criteria' it seems like people may accept it if you don't give them the chance to reject for other reasons...

The problem with the wheel is that on streetview it is on another place

But now the wheel is behind the fence where sheeps walking so it is also hard to take a picture without sheeps on it

This is the plaque that is there you can also find the plaque as an image on the internet so i don't know if it's good or not but it says the year when the mill became a member of the forum and take participation with the activities etc.