Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Information signs near entrances of a cemetery/graveyard

preditcon-PGOpreditcon-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm well aware of the January 2020 guideline saying "signs at the entrances of cemeteries" are ineligible.

Does this extend to information signs within a cemetery that has been awarded status of a monument of national importance and where "cemetery tourism" is actively encouraged (cemetery is part of Association of significant cemeteries in Europe - ASCE and listed in European Cemeteries Route), in this case by providing a mobile app with a guide through the cemetery and via signs, which are posted as "route stops" that provide information about special sections of the cemetery?

I do not have an image of the particular sign I have in mind, but I do vaguely remember what is written on it. It describes a named section of the cemetery (Franciscan graveyard), its age (established in 1927), rough bounds, history and provides information about its significance. It also names the cardinal/bishop that first "blessed" the area. The actual sign is located directly after one of the side entrances. There is otherwise nothing special about the sign except for its textual content and the location where it is posted. Do the guidelines make such signs ineligible?

Post edited by preditcon-PGO on

Best Answer

Answers

• TwoSkunks-PGOTwoSkunks-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

It sounds like the sign you have in mind would pass as historically and culturally significant. I would not know what else to say about it without seeing it. You could submit it and see what happens.

• TheBwad-PGOTheBwad-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

Unless it would be totally expected that large amounts of the public would regularly visit a spot (famous person, large war memorial etc.) within a cemetery, I reject them.

It is just inappropriate for those who visit these spaces and are more than likely grieving. There are so many other public things that can be submitted, I find approving these to help people play a game to be unnecessary and review accordingly.

• preditcon-PGOpreditcon-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've decided against nominating the sign. I just don't think the sign itself is significant enough to become a wayspot. While it does contain educational information, there is not enough text to justify becoming a wayspot.