Worth retrying this Bus Station?

I had this rejected but it failed because "The real-world location of the nomination could not be confirmed to have an acceptable pedestrian pathway leading up to it, The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant, Nomination does not meet acceptance criteria."

Is it worth retrying? Marker was placed a little bit away from where I was stood as there's an existing portal (for a pub) almost immediately behind me which would have probably too close and I admittedly placed it in a vacant L17 cell for Pogo purposes, though it was placed on a pedestrian area and still recognisably the bus station.

Location is 52.055679, 1.155068

I was under the impression that transport hubs were valid nominations.

Comments

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Transit stations

Transit stations connect and unite people around the world. Submit transportation hubs (like Grand Central Station), but not every single small transit stop (like a subway station or a bus stop).

Source: Eligible Nominations page

A generic bus stop is not eligible. That photo doesn't actually show us anything and doesn't represent anything. All we see is a road and a carpark for busses - which one could potentially argue that it lacks safe pedestrian access.

If you do want to submit it, look for some info signs or submit the main building (it would help if it had interesting architecture or was historic in its own right in some way) and explain why it's significant ('facilities for staff' doesn't count).

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's the town centre bus station it would generally pass as a transport hub, but the photo isn't doing you any favours. Is there a sign above the Information Centre you could use instead? Or boards showing the location of the different route stops.

• Skywalkered-PGOSkywalkered-PGO Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

The information centre looks to be too close to an existing waypoint. The general board is even closer - anything of any strong appeal basically is lumped together in a little corner. As an aside, it's all in an already occupied level 17 cell. I know that cells shouldn't be my concern, but I only play PoGo so I'd rather my submissions go towards that by intention.

The rest of the bus stop area is basically uninteresting aside from an ornate gate/fence thing. That WAS a portal but was removed for some reason in the past.

Think I'm just going to forget about this, or put it on the back burner.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a photo of the main building and place the marker on top of it. Don't try to play shenanigans with the location by placing it in an inaccurate location away from the building just so it can be in its own L17 cell.

• ddm027-INGddm027-ING Posts: 174 ✭✭✭

As faria said, these are good examples from even the google maps pin itself, you can go there and take a better picture, for not using 3rd party photos.

In order to make you understand what's wrong with your picture, these are bad examples, from the same place, with the same pin point:

Or, from inside, but not showing anything relevant to the submission:

I hope these images helps you!

Choose the best angle, take a good picture, try not to focus on people, good luck!