Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Why would permanent signs from this program not be eligible??

Community Pond Maintenance

Are you tired of that looking at the trash and the weeds in that stormwater pond out your window? If so, you can do something about it and help the river and community in the process.

This program is a means by which interested residents, community groups, and businesses can adopt storm water management areas within the City of River Falls to provide inspection, oversight, and minor maintenance such as trash and debris removal in these areas on a regularly scheduled basis. We request that adoptees schedule a maintenance day in the spring and one again in the fall. Adopters may also request city money for plantings within the pond area to beautify the pond.

Answers

• grendelwulf-INGgrendelwulf-ING Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

A point of interest should be interesting. This just isn't.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

I would only consider signage similar to that to be eligible if it was somehow informative or educational, such as a sign at a stormwater runoff pond explaining the value that those ponds provide the communities in flood abating. This is simply a sign marking a pond that doesn't appear to be a gathering location like a park might be.

A similar discussion was had over here https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/4202/poor-reviewing-leading-to-rejections/ that might help understand.

If that pond was a well used location, it might be able to be considered an eligible sign for the pond if it was well explained in the description and supporting information. However, it is more in line with the somewhat generic water runoff ponds like I mention in the first paragraph.

• FL0PPYN00DLE-PGOFL0PPYN00DLE-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

For those that have left comments. The first 2 are just lame. And I totally disagree. The 3rd however is very insightful however if you read the information about what the signs represent would most likely make it a point of interest. If a simple bike or walking trail sign is eligible this most definitely should be.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Adopt-a-[whatever]" signs are basically advertisements for whatever group has adopted the whatever, paid for by labor rather than with cash. Such signs are unlikely to meet any criteria.

• GizmoGozerian-PGOGizmoGozerian-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

So you asked for people's opinion .. they told you it wasn't interesting .. and you replied that they were "lame". There's nothing significant about this sign, or particularly how it relates to the location. It's minimally sized, doesn't contain a lot of interesting info, and is the equivalent of "Adopt A Highway".

Sorry you don't like the answers you are given, but they are true. There's not even any indication on the sign that this "Aquifer" exists there ... if it is, focus more on that, give some info on just what that IS and why it's important. But based on the photo and your defensive responses, the assumption has to be that it's just a boring ol' sign.

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

A bike or walking trail sign is a POI because people can go walk and explore those paths. It points them to something new/fun to do.

The Adopt-a-[blank] sign isn't anything that would draw tourists or adventurers. It's really meaningless to anybody walking by.

• FL0PPYN00DLE-PGOFL0PPYN00DLE-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

If you paid attention to my posting I attached the information about the signs and that right there is the point of interest. Or are you so focused on the sign itself this information was missed? Community programs are a point of interest unless I'm mistaken.

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I saw what you wrote quite well. It would be a great explanation if you were nominating the main building where the adopt-a-pond program is based out of. Or if the sign itself had any information on the program or how to join it. But you're not and the sign doesn't have that. You're just nominating a generic sign, as has been said several times now.

• TheBwad-PGOTheBwad-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭✭

OP really needs to accept the feedback given here. It isn't interesting or eligible. End of story.