Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

What makes this ineligible?

Could someone please tell me why the community keeps voting this wayspot as ineligible? Tips on improving improving it would be appreciated. The reason for the rejection is very vague. Thank you.

Answers

• Archaictryee-PGOArchaictryee-PGO Posts: 6 ✭✭

I, for one, would give you a solid 3 star rating for this one. It has just enough personal information to be credible, but it is not super special. However, I am much more lenient on these than most reviewers. I have had multiple benches rejected - even benches that were more art pieces than memorial (and not personal memorials - Civil War memorials). The best advice I can give you is to give up on bench memorials that simply have a person's name on it. It isn't worth your nomination. And despite the rhetoric, it seems lots of reviewers won't bother to follow links.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a memorial bench passed if it had Abraham Lincoln on it!

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Memorials

Memorials are eligible, but only for significant figures in a community or for significant events.

This is a very generic "memorial" - it should always be given a "1* - does not meet criteria" rating.

• Wootacular-PGOWootacular-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

While I agree with everyone here that this is a genetic bench, I'm gonna try help and give an example of what would actually pass.

You want to look for some brief but significant description of what that person is to the community. For example, "in memory of Bob Barker, President of Mill Park children's Soccer club" this tells people what this person actually did and shows that they were a part of the community. You would need a little more information in the supporting info like "president of Mill Park Children's soccer club for over 19 years, supporting the sport of soccer, team play and physical activity" further more, you want to give a very clear picture of where it is so people can see that it actually exists as many will try to hide plaques under trees and hope they get the spot they want. Be clear and transparent and you should be rewarded! (I have had success with a plaque in the past myself).

all of this is made up btw...

Hopefully this helps you look for things that are actually eligible!

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

If the plaque doesn't actually say what she did then you're relying on people googling the person and seeing if what you say about them matches what they find. If it doesn't match or they find nothing then you will get a rejection. If what you've put doesn't even meet the "significant" bar then they won't even google.

I googled and found the obituary and I'm afraid I think she was just a nice person. The best hope you've got is something like "Memorial bench for Optage volunteer and the hospitality organizer for the annual Concert of Joy at St. Rita" but that's a stretch.