Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Residential Neighborhood Name Signs

I'm seeing a lot of residential neighborhood signs submitted (ex I pulled up from Google). I had assumed they were acceptable because I used to live in a named neighborhood (not gated) and both our entrance signs were pokestops/portals. I also used to petsit for someone who lived next to a gated community and that neighborhood sign was a gym.

But the more I come across, the more this feels wrong to me. The more I review, the more I also realize how the criteria has changed and updated over time as more people have nominated and reviewed waypoints, and I can't rely on using what originally made the cut to determine what makes the cut now. Many of these signs are placed into rock features but aren't overly artsy or interesting. I also don't know a lot of people looking to just explore/walk around new residential neighborhoods? So it doesn't really seem like a POI.

So are neighborhood name signs valid wayspots? Is this in the criteria somewhere and I've managed to miss it?

Best Answers

Answers