Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Military bases (again)

I'm really confused about the submissions on the military bases. I've read that we're not supposed to approve them per the Aug 2019 AMA but my showcase today has two Wayspots which are located on the local Air Force base. So is it a flat 1* or okay if in housing or a common area? (Of course I seem to have locked myself out of the system somehow - says no nominations are available to review for the past two days - could be for approving base nominations? I had a lot of them.) TIA.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 1world1team-PGO1world1team-PGO Posts: 13 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING For military bases if there are several players submitting and reviewing ... ultimately getting new spots added ...even though at least 1 person flags it as a base .. does the one flag help identify their abuse? Obviously I wont be getting my agreement if there is a on base group hustling the system .....

Additionally I think we should approve spots on base in community areas like housing , churches, fields . There are families on base .

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding this submission. Military Base - 1*, Generic Chain business - 1*.

• Jewelbea-PGOJewelbea-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

There must be a flaw in their system as three new gyms/pokestops popped up on base this week. So they are still getting approved.

• Kliffington-INGKliffington-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 2020

It's because, as I noted almost a year ago in an AMA and on the boards, the guidelines as written on Wayfarer do not prohibit all wayspots on military bases, just those that obstruct emergency services. @NianticCasey-ING we've spoken about this a long time ago and while I personally believe wayspots in the community areas should be allowed, if you want these to be rejected outright a rewrite where it's explicit that wayspots anywhere on Military Bases are no longer eligible is needed.