(v2)Portal Removal Appeal: 健身天地 (time19 fake portal series)

TheKingEngine-INGTheKingEngine-ING Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in [Archive] Appeals

(v2)Portal Removal Appeal: 健身天地 (time19 fake portal series)

(I understand that my previous appeal for removal of this portal was declined for insufficient evidence and generally I should take that as final decision. However with the lapse of time, this report has something new that might totally change your mind and I'd appreciate if I could have your patience to review again)

Title of the Wayspot: 健身天地

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=31.161485,121.5023&z=17&pll=31.161485,121.5023

City: Shanghai

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: 

Reasons to remove:

- The owner of this portal has his another new portal approved today which not only shows the actual location of this portal but also makes this portal become a duplicate even if it exists at another location

- Portal does not exist at current location (within 100 meters)

Photos to support your claim: 

There were already piles of photos and street views in the original post and replies of my previous appeal...

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/5582/portal-removal-appeal-健身天地-time19-fake-portal-series

...which could definitely prove that it's not at current location. Question is I still need to convince everyone that it's not located somewhere nearby (within 50 meters?) as well to get it removed instead of location edits.

Brand new things I'd like to present in this post, that is conducive to this task, are:

1. The in-game photos used as cover of both this portal and another new portal <蘑菇双亭> submitted by time19, as the owner of this portal, and is launched just today.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=31.161846,121.503166&z=17&pll=31.161846,121.503166

When comparing those two cover photos we could instantly realize that it's capturing the same thing, from the structure of the portal and the style of pavement lying underneath, in terms of the training facilities. However those two portals are more than 100 meters apart which means an intentional abuse.

2. A new 12-mins video including in-game interactions that could prove this portal is not at the location and as an ultimate piece of evidence it's 100% genuine. As I have triggered in-game actions it can't be forged like some fictitious and ridiculous sayings made by allies of the owner of this portal to fight against my appeal.

Additional information: 

Here is the logic in my mind:

1. The structure of the portal does not exist at its current location

2. If we could not find a portal at its location, we should check the surroundings (within 50 meters?) to see if it exists. In my previous appeal, I believe it does not but the owner insisted it does. If it really exists and I could find it then I should submit a "Location Edit" appeal.

3. The new portal of time19 that sits somewhere else but shows the same structure, which did not occur when reviewing previous appeal, contradicts with this portal on the location. Obviously, chances are high that this portal is actually >100 meters away from current location and probably should be moved to the location of the new portal in line with reality.

4. However if we move this portal to the most likely proper location according to the photo of the new portal <蘑菇双亭>, it instantly becomes a duplicate. That's why I did not choose to make a "Location Edit" appeal but a "Removal Appeal", irrelevant to whether "Location Edit" functionality is working or not. According to Wayfarer T&Cs duplicate portals, or portals that involve abuse should be removed, right?

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
Tagged:

Comments

• Xyinkl-INGXyinkl-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

Reasonable. Calm. Insightful.

I don't know @LuoboTiX-ING in person, but still want to give him a thumb after reading his reports here or in his telegram channel.

His consistent disclosures of dishonest/improper in-game-behaviors has maintained the justice and order of the community.

Thank you for doing these. May Justice be with you.

( Damn..I'm kinda proud of using same SONY XZP phone right now.😎

• TheKingEngine-INGTheKingEngine-ING Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Another agent has made a VLOG to confirm that :

1. The structure of the portal <健身天地> does not exist at its current location, but at the location of <蘑菇双亭>

2. <健身天地> and <蘑菇双亭> are duplicate portals. One of them should be removed.

@NianticKN-ING Upon reviewing this post may I have your kind patience to go through this video as well, thank you!

• Appeal Accepted - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we've decided to retire the Portal in question.

This discussion has been closed.