Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Next round of AMA's

BlameJamal-INGBlameJamal-ING Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Hey @NianticCasey-ING!

Krueg had a pretty reliable schedule when it came to AMA's. There are a lot of us out here wondering when you and the Wayfarer team are planning on publishing Vol. 2? I know there were a lot of questions submitted that you couldn't get to.

Also, if the answer is, yes, you and the team plan to do a Vol. 2. Are you going to ask for new questions? Or are you going to use the previously submitted list?

Thanks in advance for all you do. We appreciate it and look forward to more positive communication from you and the Wayfarer team.

BlameJamal-ING-PGO

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

We look forward to continuing this practice in September and following a number of updates coming your way soon.

Let's hope we get this, still! I'm still waiting to see if any of the feature requests that were positively received will happen before that - like the repurposed "Featured Wayspot" page. And, of course, anything that can encourage reviewer education.

"Big update -"

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

You had me at that!

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given Niantic's history of missing nearly every deadline you set, you will excuse me if I don't hold my breath on that "big update." But I will go through my list of questions I've already compiled.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in gonna agree with farix, the next few days probably means january 2021 lol

• PikaMagicaela-PGOPikaMagicaela-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭

Looking forward very much to the big update!

Additionally, I'll be formatting the response as 5 criteria questions / 5 feature requests / 5 other, as previously suggested.

@NianticCasey-ING, I appreciate the new format and am looking forward to it. However, several/most of the "feature requests" from the last AMA were replied with "not at this time" or simply "no." There's only so many ideas we'll be able to come up with, and it was disappointing to see overwhelming community support for many of those already and feel like they were taken seriously.

As for "criteria questions," do you mean for that to be the only way to get things added to acceptance criteria? Because there are still several outstanding requests you specifically and folks like @NianticPooja-ING promised answers that are still outstanding. A lot of highly valuable information is in this thread and it seems like we're getting robbed a little by having the last several months of discussion in that channel ignored in turn for a chance at only 5 questions.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/3645/when-is-the-next-criteria-clarification-update-on-the-help-section

• gazzas89-INGgazzas89-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I think there should be a wee change to the way it's done too, last time it was fairly obvious that the questions that got in earliest were the ones that got more votes, yes so w of them were good questions but I did see others like 4 pages later that were even better questions that, due to being in page 4, would never have got the most votes. Dont get me wrong, I'm not entirely sure what the best way to fix this would be, maybe do 10 ama questions, pick the top 6 or 8 voted questions the find 2 that nia feel are good questions to answer.

For the 5 guidance ones, look at what turns up most repeatedly in the guideline clarifications (probably post boxes, trail markers, stink pipes, telephone boxes and welcome signs) and give proper clarifications on them with reasoning and maybe even pictures as guides

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

My current biggest concern is how utterly impossible it is to have invalid submissions that survived Wayfarer review, and became wayspots, removed. If something should not have been accepted in the first place, the bar for removal should be MUCH lower. Examples being when the photo was faked, the location was faked, or it simply did not meet criteria.

But the odds that I'm going to be able to comment on the thread quickly enough to show on the first page? Slim and/or none.

• gazzas89-INGgazzas89-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

I tried to get so ething removed recently, it was a portal I walked to, as it was blocking me, its bi where near where it was claimed to be in fact where it was claimed to be was just a heavily grassy field. When I looked o google maps, sure enough, wasnt there at all and showed the grassy area. I I submitted a removal and left less than 12 hours later, removal got rejected even though it clearly didnt exist

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Different set of rules for Wayfarer Reviewers and Removal Team is indeed a big pain.

So far I've been easily successful only for clearly unsafe pedestrian access (middle of roundabout, fountain in the middle of a lake) or a K12 School.

Things falling under "Does not meet criteria" (i.e. mass produced traffic sign) are impossible to get removed.

PRP has been about a 30% success, with the other 70% being rejected because "We need to work together with the Property Owner to remove this", which is ridiculous (unless the Property Owners all have single admin access to the Niantic database for their Home Wayspot). This is the biggest issue of them all, since players see these things in game, so keep submitting them (often their own house) and plenty of Reviewers accept them because they have already seen similar items in-game.

@NianticCasey-ING, in prep for this round of AMA, would you mind addressing about if previous AMA responses can be expected to be eventually rolled into updated guidelines, or do we have to re-ask those? And any thoughts of going through the "Guideline Clarifications" pages to pull requests?