Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Is the club house of a local football club ineligeble?

I nominated the club house of our local football club and it got rejected because it was a "natural feature" and the picture blurry. Neither of which is true, so I wonder if there are other reasons why people chose to reject it. Can somebody explain?

Best Answers

• PikaMagicaela-PGOPikaMagicaela-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I nominated a 100-year old stadium of one of the UK's oldest rugby football clubs the other day. Unfathomably, it was rejected for 'abuse and harrassment'. I had just started on Wayfarer and felt I had been accused of criminal behaviour for making a nomination that was totally legit. I was terribly upset but got over it and now it is back in the eternal queue though I don't feel like spending an upgrade on it tbh. These things no longer upset me. I'm a more resilient and improved person through practising acceptance of the vagaries here. I would just move on and resubmit it seems an ok nomination to me though obviously I can't see all the details.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

lol My only "abuse" rejection was for a statue of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph at a church. My description was literally, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!". Apparently some reviewers' minds went to dark places reading that.

The photos I see are fine. I personally would have submitted in landscape mode with less wasted space, but that's just my own preference. Or else something closer, more focused on the sign, not necessarily showing the entire building from afar.

But a sports clubhouse 1. meets criteria, it's a gathering place for players, 2. is obviously not a natural feature, and 3. the photo clearly shows that the place is what you say it is, is in focus etc.

Answers

• PikaMagicaela-PGOPikaMagicaela-PGO Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I nominated a 100-year old stadium of one of the UK's oldest rugby football clubs the other day. Unfathomably, it was rejected for 'abuse and harrassment'. I had just started on Wayfarer and felt I had been accused of criminal behaviour for making a nomination that was totally legit. I was terribly upset but got over it and now it is back in the eternal queue though I don't feel like spending an upgrade on it tbh. These things no longer upset me. I'm a more resilient and improved person through practising acceptance of the vagaries here. I would just move on and resubmit it seems an ok nomination to me though obviously I can't see all the details.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you hit it unlucky with the reviewers. Give it another try

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

lol My only "abuse" rejection was for a statue of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph at a church. My description was literally, "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!". Apparently some reviewers' minds went to dark places reading that.

The photos I see are fine. I personally would have submitted in landscape mode with less wasted space, but that's just my own preference. Or else something closer, more focused on the sign, not necessarily showing the entire building from afar.

But a sports clubhouse 1. meets criteria, it's a gathering place for players, 2. is obviously not a natural feature, and 3. the photo clearly shows that the place is what you say it is, is in focus etc.

• Sssstur-PGOSssstur-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thankyou for your insight and recommendations, I will try to nominatebit again and take a better picture.

• oscarc1-INGoscarc1-ING Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clubhouse's I think are dependant on their function. Some are just small shacks for equipment storage, some are nothing more than change rooms/toilets, those I don't think should be eligible. The ones that should be eligible are where they have an actual community aspect to it, in the sense that they are able to host a community event for example.

Many clubhouses lack signage as well, which makes it difficult to verify what the submitter is suggesting the otherwise-generic looking building to be.

If more information and effort can be put into the nomination, then it would have a better chance. In the case of the nomination presented above, it doesn't tell me anything about the building or why it is culturally relevant. It lacks distinction compared to other generic buildings.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

"In the case of the nomination presented above, it doesn't tell me anything about the building or why it is culturally relevant."

Not true. The support text has enough information of it's (local) cultural relevance.

As someone earlier, I'd recommend more tightly cropped picture. Focusing on the the sign and kiosk (gathering area) portion of the house.

Good luck.

• Sssstur-PGOSssstur-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Maybe I need to write the supporting text in English?

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Det beror om området.

Personally I write the (longish) descriptions in Finnish and the support text in English to help our friends in neighbour countries.

Support in English is helpful, but native language in description part is more... behaglig. ;)

IMHO of course.