Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Fountain in the middle of a lake

PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Title of the Wayspot: Fontaine du Château de Robersart

City: Wambrechies

Screenshot of the Rejection Email:

Photos to support your claim:

Additional information: Wayspot is of a fountain that is completely inaccessible by foot, with in- game location nowhere near touching distance on land.

As an additional question, why is this being rejected? I used the Pokémon Go report page, because I saw it appear on Edit reviews, but I'm directed to submit it through Ingress directly?

Post edited by NianticCasey-ING on

Comments

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't the right spot to ask, you want "Guideline Clarifications" https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/categories/clarifications

But the tl;dr answer is: no, middle-of-water-feature nominations are not acceptable as new submissions. Ones currently existing in-game will remain in-game under "grandfathering" clauses, but you can indeed submit them for removal via in-app as they do not have safe pedestrian access.

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING and @0X00FF00-ING this is not the right forum, I'm not asking about any guideline clarification.

I reported an invalid Wayspot through the Pokémon Go page, which was rejected, saying I needed to do this ingame in Ingress.

So, I am appealing that rejection, as the supporting information makes it clear it is not valid.

Since it showed up on Reviews, I'm just thinking that that Wayspot is maybe not in Pokémon Go, only Ingress, which is why I was directed there?

It's still invalid though.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to take some (different) specific steps. Niantic does NOT accept removal requests through their normal “support” channels, full stop.

1. go to the location, and tap on the stop or gym
    2. in the top-right corner is an (>) arrow menu. Select “Report Invalid Pokestop”
    3. Fill out those details and submit. Sorry, you can’t really give much of an explanation.
    4. If they happen to agree with you, great! You’re done. But this seems to be exceedingly rare.
    5. If they did not understand why it should be removed (this appears to be the norm), THEN you will get an email. THIS is the only email they will accept for the next step.
    6. In the “Invalid Wayspot Appeals” forum, NOW you finally have everything you need to begin THAT part of the process.

It’s a bit unfortunate perhaps that there is always so much of a disconnect between the “tech support” and the “wayfarer team” and the public communication Niantic provides on these forums.

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

I have been able to get invalid Wayspots removed through the links here though: https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#requesting-modification-or-removal

You see plenty of unsafe or other invalid existing Wayspots on Reviews and the links on this page work as well. Aside from Private Property removals, they have several options related to safety and for K12 schools.