Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Agent Initials DS in Wayspot Descriptions

This was identified as a longstanding trend and occurrence for several months last year, and a post was written about it in November 2019 in the Ingress forums. Now it's back with a vengeance, and this time smacks diligent reviewers in the face by displaying it as a featured submission.

Niantic Support recommends that behaviour such as this should be reported in the Reporting Abuse in Wayfarer form, under the abusive title/description edit clause: Title/description edits that mention codenames, real names or other personal information of players. This ongoing example is a clear example of a player around the Ulladulla NSW Australia area (supposedly in Ingress called createnewportal, go figure), and countless examples are listed here, as well as recent examples below.

Two questions then, arise.

1. Obviously, these initials "D.S" are deemed to be personal information, or some sort of codename to influence certain reviewers to review in a certain way. So this should be rejected, right?
  2. But the other question is, given that this has been happening for a long time now, what sort of implications does this involve, despite some of us reporting this as abuse in the Wayfarer Report form and voting this down for having extraneous text or personal info in the text, yet seeing these go through anyway? It's not the same reviewing something with a bad photo only to upload a better one later, or upvoting something with clear typos only to correct it in the future. This is personal information.

What can you do NIA Ops to address this?

Answers

• azazzlenic-INGazazzlenic-ING Posts: 1 ✭✭

Can confirm a long running issue that I raised in the old ingress forums, has been happening since OPR.

• Spa3tacus-INGSpa3tacus-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭

@HaramDingo-ING sono d ,accordo e giusto che questi buffoni che organizzano quali portali debbano passare e quali no siano esclusi sicuramente lo fanno adoperando chat private come telegram ad esempio speriamo che niantic se ne aggorga e prenda provvedimenti ( non dovrebbe essere difficile visto che quando lo fanno i gruppi di persone che accettano **** rifiutano un determinato portale sono sempre gli stessi nomi che si ripetono per gli stessi portali di determinate zone grazie

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just reject it anyway if it does refer to someone's initial.

For those nominations keep getting through, here are some possibilities:

- Some reviewers don't ever notice that, or maybe they don't even think that D.S refer to someone's initial.

- There maybe a group of abusers who, if they see some code (like the initials) in description, they should accept it so the nomination get approved.

Yet I don't think the later is actually happened in your area, but who knows?

• SaltGiver-INGSaltGiver-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

I rejected all those submissions (probably more than half a dozen) as abuse + personal info, evidently some got through... Shows that a lot of reviewers don't actually pay full attention to the title and description. I have to admit I almost didn't see it in the description at first - they're seemingly decent nominations.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoever who this is, they have a new set of portal submissions that have their initials signed off within the description. They probably had their suspension lifted after yet another month. Are we really going to wait for another suspension again? Take all these nominations down.

• NorthSeaPoet-INGNorthSeaPoet-ING Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, definitely sounds like it's a way for someone to send out a hidden message or notify other reviewers that it's their submission, so they know to rate it more favourably.

I would definitely reject it as text not being relevant.

• FuzzySun-INGFuzzySun-ING Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

Looks more like this D.S just has a need to have their name in lights. All of those Wayspots are valid, so they would have no need for a code to tip-off their reviewer chums.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't believe you're actually taking this seriously Niantic. No one wants to have to deal with these codenames. This has been a very long battle, and I feel that you are only giving measly little slap on the wrists and month-long timeouts before letting them run loose again without learning their lesson.

Just suspend their Wayfarer privileges once and for all. They are not learning, or you are really not actioning this at all.