nomination improvement

Hello guys!

I need some help to improve my pokestop nomination since it was already rejected twice.

This is the reason why it was rejected.

As you can see in the photo and descripton its a football court where you can pratice exercises.

So, i began explaining that its a nomination that would help all the community players in the region that has a lot of condominiums since we are in a pandemic time. That court its located in a condominium but based on this link from the wayferer community ( https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/449/nominations-on-the-premises-of-condominiums-and-other-apartments-are-acceptable. ) its explained by Niantic that are acceptable if its on the grounds of building . Please, how can i improve this nomination to get it accepted?

Thanks for your attention!

Comments

• TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I don't know that I'd approve that without a picture taken from the ground near the court rather than from a balcony across the street, but that may be nitpicky.

Based on the quote in the link you provided, I actually don't know that this submission is valid:

so long as the Wayspot can be accessed by members of the public (e.g. a courtyard, a fountain, etc.) this could be eligible. This most often takes the form of something on the grounds of the building rather than inside the building.

You can see a sign from google maps that says "private to residents", which is on the wall of the courtyard itself. So, this courtyard isn't accessible to the public and therefore isn't a valid waypoint.

EDIT: Typo

Post edited by TorvoTeratos-PGO on
  • HollyzTW-PGOHollyzTW-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Thx for your review, since the court is near the pedestrian area , so i thought that its accessible for the condominiums people and the public in general.

Thx for your review! Unfortunately, i cant get the photo from the ground level since its a private condominium that i cant acess. Actually the court its in a private condominium, but i thought that the link i posted discuss about condomiums ( private in almost all the times), so its valid in this case. I will keep trying.

Thx for your review. Do you think that if i keep insisting with the photos as it is, will it be accepted ?

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to what has been said these are the main reasons I would be hesitant to approve this nomination:

1) having the photo taken from above makes it look like a 3rd party photo, which would disqualify the nomination. you can explain in the supporting info that you took the photo from a neighboring condo.

2) not being familiar with construction in the area, the smaller building connected to the court does appear to be a private residence. you could link information about the address showing it is not.

3) the court is in a bad state of repair. people may be rejecting this as unsafe, even though the email didn't say that. I would be very hesitant to approve this for this reason. if your supporting photo (NOT nomination photo) could show the court being used, that might help.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe try with more zoom, so that the as many buildings are cut out as possible, and try to get the image as straight as possible within the zoomed in shot... I appreciate that will probably quite hard from a distance.

To me the court just looks a little dirty. Maybe it isn't in use due to covid restrictions, but I don't think that makes it invalid. Someone could probably wash it down and go and play pretty easily.

I would definitely mention in supporting info that the picture is taken from a nearby building so you can show the whole court. That might help people understand that it is a normal photo taken with your phone.

I would definitely resubmit it. There is no penalty for submitting and getting it rejected several times and you may get it accepted next time or after several more tries. It doesn't hurt to try, and future rejection reasons may help you to further improve the submission.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a quick note for your next try. It's a futsal field, not football field. :)