Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Could you help me to understand why was rejected?

Hello! I would like to ask you why would you think this was rejected and how could I improve it, if the location and description is correct, maybe google doesn't have the picture of the watertank but is there. What can I do?

Thanks

Answers

• pacodragon-PGOpacodragon-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Creo yo que sería más por el acceso al lugar

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

That does appear to be be the brown structure on Google Maps, so reviewers shouldn't be rejecting it for having a bad location. I'm not as sure about the does not meet criteria. Can you please translate the title, description, and supporting information?

• saarstahl-INGsaarstahl-ING Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

You can take a photosphere with the Google Streetview app, and upload to Stretview. This will be shown to reviewers.

• AmyElyGea-PGOAmyElyGea-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Thank you so much for the answers.

- Pacodragon podrías explicarme un poco más a qué te refieres con el acceso al lugar??? Gracias!

-SPD85-PGO Thanks so much for your answer, sure I can translate it.

Water dispenser

Water dispenser build in wood. Interesting and unique structure, offer free water to all the walkers and runners of the park ( with more of 5km of area).

The water dispenser is found in the middle of the park, with pedestrian access.

-saarsthal-ing Thank you so much for the suggestion, I took your advice and I added a photosphere in street view app, it said it was already approved but I can't see it on Google maps... How long generally take to be uploaded in google maps??

Once again thanks to the 3 of you for your answers!

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

The description looks solid, but you might have a little trouble getting it passed. These types of drinking fountains usually aren't accepted unless they're visually or historically interesting, but I think yours is, so I'd approve it.

Thanks so much for that!

I also believed that the description and the structure was meeting the criteria, so I don't get why it was rejected, I included now in street view app the place, hopefully would be approved the second time.

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

For "insufficient evidence" reason, it's because reviewers were unsure whether the drinking fountain was real object or not, because they only had satellite image. I recommend you to submit a photo-sphere using GSV.

For "does not meet acceptance criteria ", maybe reviewers thought it's a temporary / seasonal display.

Thanks so much for that answer.

I have already submitted a photosphere in google street view and said map approved but I haven't found it yet in google maps...

Ohh, and how can I proof that is not a seasonal display? Specifying on the discription or should I add it in another app?

Thanks so much for the answer!

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have to be the bad guy here and say I don't think it's eligible. A water dispenser on its own doesn't meet criteria, so there needs to be some historic or artistic element to it. It doesn't look very old, and although it's nicer than most, I don't really buy the cabinet as being artistic or otherwise aesthetically interesting. It just looks like a functional piece of furniture to hold a water jug.

edited September 2020

I don't think that opinion makes you the bad guy. I wanted to see the points of view to see why has been rejected. I do believe is aesthetically interesting and unique cause I haven't seen anything like it in mexico, where the water dispenser is placed.

But thanks for your opinion👍🙂

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭

It takes some time for Google to upload your GSV subscription.

I haven't make one either, so I can't provide answer for this problem :))

Thanks for the answer legacy, I'll wait then, hopefully appears in google maps before my pokestop goes to voting