Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Are maps eligible?

I see a lot of maps and welcome signs when I'm reviewing, but what do the criteria say about maps (and welcome signs) in smaller areas?

To specify, maps covering small areas/municipalities. I would say that they provide education in some way, but are they unique?

Here are some examples below (written in Swedish, most of them say something like "Welcome to X" or just the name of the area). The wooden one is very cultural and handmade by locals so I feel like that one should pass, but I don't know about the other ones.

Best Answers

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Signs can be tricky nominations. Here's summary of my version:

Name sign. Should be eligible if it has artistic value. (But I'm not sure if it counts as another duplicate of the object).

Distance sign. Eligible if not mass-produced, has artistic / educational value, placed quite distance from the object.

Educational sign. Eligible. (Map should fall into this category, so yes)

Welcome sign. Eligible if it has artistic value.

I'm still new at wayfarer, need another professionals to clarify this statement :)

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

With maps it's tricky - simple estate plans for housing/commercial estate no. If it shows specific points of interest e.g. historic sites in a town then yes it would generally be acceptable.

Answers

• Legacy4N00b-PGOLegacy4N00b-PGO Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Signs can be tricky nominations. Here's summary of my version:

Name sign. Should be eligible if it has artistic value. (But I'm not sure if it counts as another duplicate of the object).

Distance sign. Eligible if not mass-produced, has artistic / educational value, placed quite distance from the object.

Educational sign. Eligible. (Map should fall into this category, so yes)

Welcome sign. Eligible if it has artistic value.

I'm still new at wayfarer, need another professionals to clarify this statement :)

• Faversham71-PGOFaversham71-PGO Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

With maps it's tricky - simple estate plans for housing/commercial estate no. If it shows specific points of interest e.g. historic sites in a town then yes it would generally be acceptable.

• KoviYT-PGOKoviYT-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭