Pavilion Rejection

Anyone wanna tell me how this is private residence/farm and why it’s rejected as third party source when it’s clearly taken at the reservoir. Since when did pavilions become ineligible? Niantic needs to do something about lazy reviewers.

Comments

• Hamson67-PGOHamson67-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

It could be your meaning of pavilion is something different for what others see as pavilion. What you show here is not known in my country as a pavilion.

Your submission says shelter. I suggest you call it pavilion there too.

• DukeOfBellaire-PGODukeOfBellaire-PGO Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

If you are in the park, then there must be something much nicer than this. I'm surprised at your harsh critic of the reviewers.

After all, when our own nominations fail, we should blame ourselves.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

this looks like a restroom (we would call it a comfort station) with a garage door in the middle. i would never approve this based on just the photos. why would this be a place to invite friends or for groups to gather?

if there is a sign, you could submit a closeup of the sign, and back out for a supporting photo showing the shelter and the surrounding area. that might go through. it just struck me that where you are it may be common for a "shelter" to have a big door like this that can be opened or closed to the weather, but where i am a "shelter" is a roof on poles over picnic tables. a sign calling this the "amann shelter" would take care of that.

don't list all the amenities nearby in the description. tell us what this building is and what it is used for. if you can link to more information, like a news story or park update, that would help confirm it is worth a visit. you mentioned restrooms twice. restrooms aren't eligible.

as to the off-base rejection reasons in the email, i have a huge problem with the rejection reasons i get as well. they do the best they can with what options they are given. i assume the "private residence" is because it looks like someone's garage door and "third party photo" was trying to let you know you need to improve the photo so it doesn't look like a tool shed/toilet area. i spend a lot of time filling out comments on my rejections and wish those would get to the person who needs to see them.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a workshop or storage building for park equipment. Yo9u need to show some signs , otherwise this looks like an average boring shed - hence the rejection.