Was I unlucky with my reviewer batch?

Hey Guys;

I’ll admit I’ve submitted 4 signs which are the same (one is on the north entrance, one on the south entrance, one on the central gate and one stand alone), this would have been the final stand alone one.

Anyway, the rejection reason(s) were “does not meet criteria” or “description/title does not match”.

Comments

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

The photo and description leave me with this concern... Is this a protected, off-limits conservation area, or a visitor-welcoming place where people can walk, gather, and play? You may have answered this in your supporting information, but if not I think that is the main issue that needs to be addressed. If this is a great place for people to gather and play, I would suggest you both show and explicitly state and explain it in the supporting info area.

• TheOneAndrew-PGOTheOneAndrew-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

I stated it was an area allowed to be visited by pedestrians and cyclists and provided a link stating so in the sup info. I often walk through here weather permitting just to get some exercise in.

Link provided in sup info: https://www.heduk.com/projects/colne-valley-heathrow-london

• PORT2014-INGPORT2014-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

You haven't included your supporting information and from what you've included this looks more like a parking warning sign rather than a nature information board at the point where you can safely enter the site.

Supporting information gets truncated if too long so reviewers may not even have seen the link - and most don't follow them anyway just googling the title themselves.

Your description wording doesn't add anything to convince me - if you resubmit I'd just repeat the nature bits from the sign -dropping the bits about driving/parking: "Conservation area-Rare and protected wildlife present throughout"

• TheOneAndrew-PGOTheOneAndrew-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

I think the sup info says enough about it. It's a simple case of it being a popular public hotspot for pedestrians and cyclists and the sup info link is shown in the above info for quick access. I didn't mention anything about driving whatsoever, it's a simple case of that part showing that there are specific paths for driving and to avoid the grassy areas.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have submitted a similiar marker and had it rejected - weird reasons given but i believe it is what others have said: it's an area to avoid instead of to visit.

if i were to resubmit, i would submit it as a marker on a trail - it would be an important marker on a trail as to where you shouldn't go off the trail and something to see while you are on it. but it probably will be rejected again unless you get lucky with the reviewers.