Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Clarifications on senior centers

GoodGodLetsEat-PGOGoodGodLetsEat-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have been reviewing for a while and have a decent geist of what is acceptable and what is not, but I have always had trouble with determining places like senior centers.

I would just like to know what the community thinks when reviewing these type of POIs.

Post edited by GoodGodLetsEat-PGO on
Tagged:

Comments

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally, at least in my country, a "Senior Citizens Center" serves the exact same function as any other eligible "Community Centre". They're multi-function community gathering places.

And they're decidedly not excluded for K12 or emergency services.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

I'd also see this as a community centre and be inclined to accept it because of the cultural value. That is if its somewhere that retired people go to meet others, play games and take exercise classes, then I'd say yes, totally eligible. Not the same as a care home where there is less of an obvious case for meeting criteria.

• I agree with what @0X00FF00-ING and @FrealafGB-PGO have said here already.

If it’s a community center, not a hospice (or a similar location that might require access by emergency services), it should be ok to accept.