Improving Nominations

I reached level 40 more than a year ago. This is a story.

Imagine I have the oldest phone that can take pictures and be accepted by Niantic. I recently reached level 40. I can nominate new PokeStops. Imagine I live really far north and the days are short. I stop near a church to nominate from inside my car. I have no desire to get in the cold. Again, this is not true. I take a picture of First Baptist Church sign. I give the title of First Baptist Church. I was next to a church. Since I was in my car, I happened to include part of the car. My phone needs to be charged. I give the description the long word "Done". I nominate. 30 seconds later, the phone has no power.

After I submit this, I will see the comments. I have attempted to get water towers' Wayspot removed since no pedestrian access existed. My phone's microphone quit working. I have seen vehicles in new pictures and old pictures. That makes the nomination ineligible. Nominating to fix ones several days away each way is a problem without a working phone. People hide Ingress terms in Wayspots. Some are fixed. Others require me talking to somebody three days away. I do not drive. I see words misspelled. Dalmation is not a word. Dalmatian is the word. That is a 2 day walk. Should people have a nomination reduced for very sloppy work and give us the ability to correct the spelling? Using this as a means of retaliation against another reviewer with bad intentions could be a problem. What do we think. My thoughts are mixed.

Tagged:

Comments

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

this belongs in general discussion

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand what do you want.

You have issues with your phone, there's cold and so you take photos from inside of your car, but you do not drive.

There are wayspots approved with misspellings or bad photos.

So, do you have any question or request to improve your nominations?

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

@WheelTrekker-ING,

My friend has a vehicle. I would never nominate from inside a vehicle. The story above is only examples of many of the things I encounter when I review. About half my nominations are accepted. I typed from the first person regarding other people.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

But I didn't see anything about improving your nomination, however I'm understand your point.

That one friend of yours got his/her nomination rejected just because its photo was taken from the car, but you see that many Wayspots with misspelled titles or bad photos went live to the game, that makes you think it's unfair?

Yeah, this should go to general discussion. However, try to renominate that church again.

• Andrew0095-INGAndrew0095-ING Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

@patsufredo-PGO

That one friend of mine is just a friend outside of the game. He does not play Pokemon GO. That requires having an iPhone with a cellular data plan.

I do not live that far north. That was just an example of what might have happened.