Old historic cinema rejected

No sure why this was rejected.

Going to resubmit would it be better with a picture without the surrounding businesses.

I did it like this because the whole building was 1 complex. The size of the building can be clearly seen in Google maps from above.

Comments

• asdfh123-PGOasdfh123-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

You just answered your own question.

• Dragonborn85-INGDragonborn85-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

I thought focasing on the complex rather than just the current club might be a stronger nomination

• asdfh123-PGOasdfh123-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Up to you.

But yes if at all possible try not to get any generic businesses in the photo.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to assume that the title and description are as posted in the original post (that is, it wasn't edited after submission). Having the supporting photo and supporting information would help as well. But here are my suggestions:

1. Use proper capitalization and punctuation. Capitalize the title and capitalize "Forum Cinema" and "ABC Cinema" in the description. Remove the space in "pub/ night club venue." None of these are a huge deal on their own, but every possible point off hurts you.
    2. You're banking on the historic value of the building, so instead of "The Former Forum Cinema" I would probably call it "Historic Forum Cinema Building." I think this more clearly expresses what it is you're nominating and why you're nominating it. Also make sure that you say you're nominating it as a historic building in the supporting info.
    3. I can certainly understand why you want the whole building in the nomination, but I agree that focusing on the entrance area would provide some advantages. In addition to cutting out the "generic" businesses, it also lets you focus on the most "theater-like" portion of the building. I like that they kept the basic structure of the marquee over the entrance, so I would want to figure out some way to work that into the description or supporting info as well.
    4. If you can find a website to link to in the supporting info to prove your historical facts are accurate, that would be helpful as well.
  • TorvoTeratos-PGOTorvoTeratos-PGO Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

You mention this as historic. I would explain that and include a link in your supporting info if that's not what you did the first time. Looks like this is what you'll need? https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1208090

Definitely agree on getting a photo that focuses on the actual cinema/club or sign rather than the whole block.