Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No email confirmation for new nominations, accepted, rejected, or edits

Comments

• Zadro00-PGOZadro00-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING

Thanks for the update. I would be more than willing to help the Wayfarer team in anyway I can in troubleshooting the issue of not receiving email confirmations for new submissions and outcomes of nominations that were being voted on. Please let me know if there is any additional info or troubleshooting I can do that would help the team.

• BowflexDevry-PGOBowflexDevry-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I never get any emails from niantic wayfarer regarding my poke stop nominations (submitted, accepted, rejected). Emails are not in spam or promotions.

• BowflexDevry-PGOBowflexDevry-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have never gotten an email regarding submitting a stop, having a stop be rejected or accepted. I play pokemon go. All my nominations show up in Wayfarer.

Hi @NianticCasey-ING

I'd like to point out one extremely frustrating problem that I have as a result of this issue. Whenever I have a rejected nomination, because I do not receive any email, I have no idea why a nomination is rejected. This is extremely frustrating when you have a nomination rejected that you strongly feel meets criteria but have no feedback as to why it was rejected.

Attached is a screenshot of one such submission. It is a footbridge over a creek in a park. Was it rejected because it does not meet criteria? Or was it rejected for not being able to verify the real world location? This sort of feedback is helpful when deciding whether or not to try submitting it again.

Could you please relay this to the Wayfarer team? I am hoping providing this information may improve the priority of resolving this issue. As such, without feedback on why a nomination is rejected, I am very discouraged from making any nominations what so ever.

• Clarkee013-PGOClarkee013-PGO Posts: 52 ✭✭

It's exactly the same issue I've had, no emails and had 4 recent rejections; no idea as to why so don't know how to improve future ones or submit a simple appeal for something that could be silly on my part. It has put me off submitting other nominations and reviewing ones.

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

This is still an ongoing issue. The email language isn't even linked to your Wayfarer language parameter!

@NianticCasey-ING is there any way for the dev/translation team to look into this? In the July AMA it has been stated Niantic wants to improve user feedback, yet this is a case where part of the community is missing critical info because of translation and templating issues.

Side note: The rejection reasons should probably be listed on the Nomination page as well. Having them only available on a such temporary thing like an email is really strange.

Hi @NianticCasey-ING, any update in the email issue?

Hi @NianticCasey-ING

This issue began around May 6. It now has been 3 months where I have not received a single email for my nominations. This problem has gone on long enough. I am asking that this issue be looked at, and resolved within the next 2 weeks. While I understand that it is a difficult bug to troubleshoot, I have offered my assistance in anyway needed. It is simply unacceptable for this bug to exist for 3 months without being resolved.

• Viperrehan-PGOViperrehan-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have submitted two nominations through pokemon go, one is nearly 3 hours ago, and one around 10 minutes ago, both resulted submission reduction, no e-mail of confirmation and still not showing up in my wayfarer.

edited August 2020

Hi @NianticCasey-ING

It's been a good few weeks now this has been raised and marked as being investigated, can we please get an update on progress please.

Post edited by Clarkee013-PGO on
  • LuckyDjavo-PGOLuckyDjavo-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

The problem is still there. Im getting the promotional stuff from pogo and niantic, yet no emails about nominations and rejections.

is there anything I can do to raise more awareness to this issue? It seems I’m not the only one

@LuckyDjavo-PGO I think nomination emails should be coming from a Wayfarer address, not a promo Niantic one.

Although cant be 100% sure as I've never had any email about a nomination.

Would be interested to hear of any progress being made @NianticCasey-ING?

• I do not receive emails in relation to submitting a nomination or why they were or were not accepted

@NianticCasey-ING

@NianticAaron-PGO

@NianticGiffard-PGO

@NianticKN-ING

This has gone on long enough. It has been more than 3 months since this issue started and your lack of communication and ability to resolve this issue is extremely infuriating. I made a reasonable request just over 2 weeks ago for this issue to be looked into. That time has passed. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Can anyone actually explain what the problem is and why it isn't fixed?

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep it civilized, insulting isnt cool

• AshKecap01-PGOAshKecap01-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

Sorry about that, im very frustated that an upgrade that so hard to achieve become such a waste for nothing with no explanation

So still is an issue as I have a rejection on a nomination and no idea why as I haven't received an email.

@NianticCasey-ING is this even being looked at now?

• Подал несколько наминаций на покестоп. 3 из них одобрили но покестопы так и не появились. Что делать?

• EcceAngelo-INGEcceAngelo-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

I had this exact same issue this weekend : 8 nominations lost. Ingress said they went through, counter went down (to 1 nomination left), no e-mail, and they don't appear in Wyfarer.

I contacted support many times, and I got either no response (conversation closed) or non-pertinent ones :

• They said that I should sign out / sign on again to see if my counter resets, and tell them if it was not the case. That didn't change anything, I told them, and I got "conversation closed".
    • They said that I should contact PoGo support, as though I explicitely told them that my PoGo sumbissons were fine and that my problem was only with some nominations in Ingress (not every nomination : I had a few that had gone through). I'm still waiting for a response.

They see that I had only 5 nominations that went through (they told it themselves), they have multiple screenshots (that they asked) showing that I have only 1 left. But then, nothing. They never acknowledged that the data they had in front of their eyes didn't add up, or that there was indeed a problem, so, obviously, I still got no solution, nor, at least, some "we are sorry, we see that there's a problem, but unfortunately we cannot help".

@NianticCasey-ING Any update on this topic ? It seems like it was first mentionned in May, so 4 months ago...

edited September 2020

Sorry @EcceAngelo-ING have you posted in the wrong thread, I don't see what lost nominations has got to do with folk not getting nomination emails?

Don't want you to get frustrated by the lack of an answer from anyone;

I'd proper lol if some Niantic person has moved your Q to this thread which seems to have been abandoned by any form of support - the silence is deafening.

Edit: Yet another rejected nomination showing for me today and no email so no idea for the reason to the rejection!

@Clarkee013-PGO It is exactly that : no confirmation e-mail received, and the nomination didn't go through to wayfarer : I may be wrong but that's exactly what people are reporting in the 6 pages of this thread... :-)

No you are right, s'what I get for skim-reading in a hurry and only picked up on your nominations disappearing @EcceAngelo-ING

There's probably now 1-2 pages of just us asking for updates and getting no news at all 😁

• Hi @AshKecap01-PGO, I'll help with this! Upgrades allow you to fast-track Wayspots and prioritize nominations for more timely analysis within Wayfarer. Also, Upgraded nominations must still adhere to the same criteria as standard nominations to be accepted. If you feel this nomination should be eligible, please resubmit after making necessary changes to the title, picture, and description. Wish you the best!

I could have quite literally created a brand new Pogo account and gotten it to level 40 in the now nearly 5 months this bug has been unresolved.

Shame on Niantic. The amount of unresolved bug reports is a clear indication that there is no point it reporting a bug because Niantic can't be bothered.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

plz use the form.

I’ve submitted 3 nominations today : for the 3, Ingress app said they went through correctly, but I’ve got the confirmation e-mail only for the first one. The second and the third are obviously “eaten” again by the system. This is the 10th nomination I lose this way (see above). @NianticCasey-ING Can you please ask the team an update about their progress on this issue that is now on for many months ?

I honestly do no think this is the same issue due to the fact that you are still receiving some confirmation emails.

I on the other hand have not received any emails for my nominations in the past 6 months, beginning in May. I have made 56 nominations in the last 6 months and have not received a confirmation email after making the nomination, or an email regarding the approval or rejection for any of these 56 nominations.

edited October 2020

I've just plain up never had an email!

I've pretty much given up on submitting my own nominations now, don't see the point if I can't get feedback on how to make them better, which means I don't do reviewing now either.

I can honestly say I have never been on a worse "report a bug" forum than this.

The lack of communication of an update is horrific considering the length of time since the last update - nearly 4 months now.

The "investigating" tag may as well be removed at this point now.

@NianticCasey-ING is it totally normally for a thread in the Report a Bug section to be left for so long without any update or answer?