ABUSE, NianticCasey, please Help!!!

WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear Niantic team,

I desperately need your help!

The following problem cannot have been caused by a Pokémon Go player because portals are also being processed that do not appear in Pokémon Go.

The problem: All portals in my city are edited by someone and not in a positive sense, but spreads conspiracy theories, racism and tries to bring absolutely everything into connection with the Third Reich!

There is already an uproar in the city about it. We do not tolerate such a thing here. But we can't keep an eye on the entire city and send back a new description over and over again to get this **** away, and it all takes forever and just clogs the system pointlessly.

I reported all of these editing suggestions via the abuse form, provided I received them myself, but unfortunately nothing happens and this person keeps going on and on. It harms the reputation of our city and reduces the quality of our sights. Please help us, find out who is behind it and do something about it.

The problem is not only that this person wants to connect everything with the Nazis and the Third Reich, but also that suddenly it is claimed that e.g. Work of art XY is by an artist XY - but this artist is a lie and, if he exists, is an actor or singer with a racist view.

The following things are just a few small examples. We've already got rid of a lot of rubbish, but it just doesn't end! Above all, the description of the savings institution is harsh and false!

I'm done. Please help us! @NianticCasey-ING

The following examples:

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for flagging, @Brukterra-PGO!  I have escalated the report to our team, we'll follow-up as we have more information to share.

• WayfarerMSE-PGOWayfarerMSE-PGO Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks alot! I really hope you can put a stop to this person!

I had already mentioned that we have already undone many changes and that this person claims the artwork Xy comes from artist xy, although this person does not exist or has a completely different role. Here are a few revised examples:

Here, for example, it said that this bench was created by "Caspar David Friedrich". But if you think along, you will quickly notice that this bank is only a few years old and that the named person died in 1840! His works of art were collected during the Nazi era. Again a connection.

Proof: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspar_David_Friedrich#Nationalsozialismus

Apart from a gruesome grammar, this example contains the name "Gregor M. Eile" and is an allusion to the German musician "Gregor Meyle" - again a bold lie to lower the quality of this wayspot.

Proof: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Meyle

Or the following example: There is a so-called "Drake Vase" in our local park.

Proof: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Drake-Vase_(Bad_Pyrmont)

This so-called "Drake Vase" comes from the artist "Friedrich Drake".

Proof: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Drake

Now the wayspot has been renamed and it has been claimed that there are different vases and one sub-variety is called "Venga Vase". However, this is another attack on our city to lower the quality of the wayspots. It is actually an allusion to the Dutch band "Venga-Boys".

Proof: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vengaboys

I hope you can help us. It just doesn't end and clogs the system pointlessly. Find out who is behind it, please!

I have just received another processing proposal - I will also report this using the abuse form.

There it says that the "House of Art" comes from the artist "D.Y. Namik". However, one of our local ingress agents is under the name "dynam1k". Clearly an allusion!

I searched my screenshots and found another editing suggestion that we have now been able to eliminate.

An American director who is said to have designed a house facade for us. Proof: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hitchcock

• Hi again. We have reviewed the reported Wayspots and have taken action on the Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. Thank you!

edited October 2020

I've just started evaluating again. What do I get? Immediately again a processing suggestion that is abuse!

Did you just warn me?!

The guy just keeps going!

I've had enough! Why don't you take action against the people who cause harm and punish those who try to help?

edited October 2020

@NianticAndres @NianticCasey-ING

To the previous post: I also report this as abuse. Albrecht Dürer has nothing to do with this mural!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer

Incidentally, yesterday I received another proposal of this kind. But for some reason this was not published in the forum. The singer Mark Forster has nothing to do with this work of art in our city!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Forster

Whatever you did ... you didn't stop abusing that person! You punished an innocent, helpful person and that was all. The abusive changes were not undone by you either!

And another one ... this time related to Asterix and Obelix. They think that's funny.

Why aren't you doing anything about it? Remove these suggestions from the system and restore the old descriptions!

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for nothing, Nia. My big post ended up in you scrappy forum filter....

• Hi there,

I took a look into this situation and it appears that the warning received was unrelated to this report. Unfortunately, I can't provide specifics in this forum but reaching out to the support team for more details is the best way to appeal this decision.

P.S.: Free my previous comment.

Hello @NianticCasey-ING ,

it is nice that you finally became aware of this thread. I was hoping that you would be able to help, because as already mentioned, I have already contacted the support, but they are not able to understand what I want from them.

Well, I have to disagree with your statement that the warning is not related to this thread, because the e-mail with the warning came exactly at the same time as @NianticAndres wrote that the matter had been checked and the wayfarers involved were punished .

I am aware that you don't go into detail so that scammers don't stand a chance, but in this case it just hit the wrong person.

But regardless: I still ask you for the following:

Check the facts again, find out who wants to connect everything with the Third Reich and also who claims that all these actors and singers are related to our works of art - see my new examples yesterday.

If you have found out who is behind it, then punish this person - and please finally restore the old correct descriptions - and remove the ongoing edits of the perpetrator from the system.

My community is so unsettled after my warning that nobody dares to send a new edit into the system to restore the original state, because they are afraid of being warned as well. That can't be the point, can it? Do we really have to live with it now?

• WikiBlue-INGWikiBlue-ING Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't surpice me if they warned the person who's name is on the portals (the founder), thinking he did add those *** descriptions instead of the editor who did all of this ***.

I think this topic needs to be pushed back to the top of the list ....

You summarized that correctly. Unfortunately this corresponds to my current situation. I am utterly disappointed.

As far as the second point is concerned, I can say that after my warning I continued to receive such suggestions for evaluation, but during my random checks I could not find any of these suggested descriptions for any of the wayspots.

Which allows the following options: These suggestions are still in the system, have not yet been finally processed, the suggestions have been rejected or Niantic has taken action after all.

In any case, I hope that the person who is responsible for this will finally stop doing it.

Nevertheless, I hope that Niantic will apologize to me and that my warning will be reversed, I do not find this handling justified.

• I saw this a week ago, and saw a fast response from the niantic team. I assumed the issue would have been resolved by now.

But No!

I see this today, and find out that the INNOCENT party that made Niantic aware of this is now being targeted, and has received a warning from Niantic. Disgusting.

I hope Niantic apologise and finally sort out this problem.

Good evening @NianticCasey-ING,

First of all, thank you very much for speaking up again!

So that there is no misunderstanding: I did not claim that I was warned for exposing this abuse.!

I cannot say what I was warned for, because unfortunately I do not receive any information about that.

But since my warning came at the exact same time as the statement from @NianticEG, I at least assume that there is a connection.

I suspect that everyone who had an open suggestion for editing one of the affected wayspots was warned - if this is not the case, please tell me.

@NianticCasey-ING: I will cooperate and provide the Intel links and coordinates.

If I actually violated your guidelines, it was unconsciously, then I am sorry and I bow to your decision.

But if it turns out that it was wrong, then I ask you to reverse the warning.

Please read the following sentence carefully:

What is particularly important to me now that I have agreed to cooperate: If warnings are sent again during your check, please do not warn me again - especially not for the same matter. I don't want to receive a second warning. Ingress means a lot to me. As I said before, I spend my free time submitting new legitimate portals and rating them in Wayfarer. Losing that would tear my heart apart. I beg you.