Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Bug on review list: language is not always good

Hi,

My profile on wayfarer precise that I can review pokestops in French.

I have some and some reviews to do in german and I can't do that because I can't understand german language.

Can you correct this bug?

Thanks

0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the settings in your profile sets the interface of wayfarer in French, but it's not related to the language of the reviews.

• TWVer-INGTWVer-ING Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not a bug, but it is something they should have on their radar. Quality of reviews lowers significantly when reviewers don't understand the language used in the submission.

They must be carefull for abuse though. People could select an exotic language to be the only ones in the area to review wayspots of their group.

• Kirbydeb-PGOKirbydeb-PGO Posts: 37 ✭✭

@TWVer-ING : completely agree! Or maybe provide a auto-translate option within the review page. It takes so much longer if you need to keep copying everything to google translate.

But I get more nominations in a language I do not or barely understand (i.e. German, French, Danish) than languages I do understand (Dutch, English). It's a pain. Especially if there is text on the photo.

Also when you are forced to pick what it is and you just have no real clue.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

I can understand the problem. I normally use Wayfarer+, where you can translate the text with one click. Pretty nice, especially for me, who gets submission from different countries (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, France, Poland, Czechia, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg). Currently, because of the newest upgrade of wayfarer, they need to upgrade WF+ aswell. So right now, I am not reviewing until the upgrade is here.