Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Clarification on guideline for POI to close to highways

Last I had to review a nomination that was not so far from my house and I remembered that I rejected it for not being eligible as it was a picture taken from one side of the bridge to the other side and there where people visible on the picture. Also I thought I remembered that nominations couldn’t be in a certain distance from highways.

Today I found out that the nomination was excepted and is now a gym in PoGo. So could someone please tell me if I’m wrong for rejecting it, below is the picture used and the location where the nomination is and especially if my thoughts of nomination which are to close to a highway should be rejected:

Answers

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

If any save access is possible, like in the picture the small path, the location is okay, POIs on a highway only should get rated by their access-possibility.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this photo, the people are incidental and unidentifiable.

While the highway may be close, it's literally a pedestrian pathway and thus has pedestrian access.

I can't vouch for whether the tunnel itself should have been a viable wayspot in and of itself, but I suppose it does perform exactly the same function as any pedestrian bridge, so meh.

But neither of your two stated concerns were proper reasons to reject in this case.

• ninemst1-PGOninemst1-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

@LukeAllStars-PGO thank you for your answer. Maybe this explains why I couldn’t find info about it, for some reason there was a little voice in my head that kept saying that there where Poi’s removed in 2017 for this reason (at the same time Poi’s where removed from roundabouts) 🙂.

@0X00FF00-ING I rejected it for not being a good nomination, maybe I shouldn’t have asked if I rejected wrongly. Also, your right that the people are incidental, but that could have easily been avoided by waiting a minute until they where gone, thought that was also stated 😉

For as the rules about nominations close by highways: that’s why I’ve asked the question here, because I wasn’t sure and needed guidance.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

As long as you can safely approach the candidate on foot, it has safe pedestrian access. There are nuances to that (an island, certain areas that are clearly meant to be congregated at but might not have an obvious crosswalk), but proximity to a highway would not negate the safety of a pedestrian pathway. A pin for a footbridge going over a highway could literally be placed on the 2D intersection of the highway & footbridge as it has pedestrian access.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

I just got approved a nomination for a footbridge passing directly underneath a highway. The very difficult part was to upload a photosphere at the right place and to hope that Wayfarer will show the photosphere and not the street view of the highway for reviewers so that they won't simply reject for "no safe pedestrian access" only based on the highway street view...

I gave enough supporting information about the footbridge, the trail name, the existence of the photosphere, etc.