Equality between Ingress and PGO Players -> Niantic pls read

Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

a) Ingress Players wayfarer submissions get fast tracked. alot of my older pgo submissions get shelved, and are even not in voting. they are overtaken by the ingress submissions from last 3 weeks.

b) Ingress Players do get 14 Submissions / every 14 Days. PGO Players only get 7.

c) Ingress Players are able to submit 25km radius from gallery cam. PGO Players have to be there, take the photo.

-> Niantic, this is not okay. The fact that there are very much less Ingress Players out there does not mean they should be treated better with wayfarer.

It is just simple the question to you, Niantic, why do you favour them? do you want every PGO Player to have its own ingress account to lvl 10 to make submissions?

• This is about WAYFARER. And not 2 different Niantic Games. Even, there are 2 more Niantic Games out there that do not even have the ability to submit wayspots (HPWU and that other title that is in beta)

Comments

• DerWelfe2205-PGODerWelfe2205-PGO Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

There is a simple solution to this problem: Only give 14 submissions to people who have earned it.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

But Nia is not reviewing those submissions. And for example the city im currently reviewing has currently 160 (!!!) fake painted powerboxes, and im not finished yet. I also need to review information signs. The system would give them more submissions, even though they are abusing pretty much. The regulation of nominations is very hard because of things like this.

Also a problem that could relatively easily be solved by @TWVer-ING 's idea to only count agreements with pre-reviewed nominations. And additionally to that harsher punishment for abusers

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think each game and each app deserves its own part IN the app to submit a wayspot.

I think the idea to give good submitters even more submissions is a great idea. Still, it seems that Niantic didnt want to give too many submissions to PGO players, but kept giving 14 to ingress players. which is just plain wrong.

The same wrongness is with fasttracking ingress submissions.

Id like to hear from Niantic WHY these differences are still there and why there is no equality for the 2 games.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never heard/seen evidence that Ingress n is nominations are fast tracked either. It could be a coincidence. When a friend and myself were both submitting around the area, repeatedly, his submissions went into voting BEFORE mine even when mine were submitted a week or more before his. It drove me crazy! But, we're both PoGo players. It also seemed like mine did not go into voting until his reached a decision. There has been some observations around that. But I don't think anyone has ever presented solid evidence that Ingress nominations are fast tracked? I'd never heard speculation on that until now.

• Engrish-INGEngrish-ING Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

Ingress submissions are not fast tracked, I still have many that are 8 months to over a year and more still in limbo.

When NIA turned submissions back on for Ingress we only had 7 every two weeks. Back story, submissions were turned off because of the influx of so many submissions (many c r a p submissions and unlimited subs) that NIA was overwhelmed and turned it off for almost two years (I think). They brought it back when OPR was released. It took them over a year or two to extend it to 14.

Before the subs were turned off we could take photos and submit with unlimited distance, then it was turned off after subs came back and only in the recent last few months we got the 25km distance thing.

The level it was to submit portals after the turn on was 12 and was dropped down to 10 a few months ago.

Point I am making is that it will come. NIA takes time to adjust things like that.

Be patient and chill, it will lower, you just don't know when.

I was submiitng 14 objects in a priority cell. Some went into voting after 3 days, some after 2weeks and some are still in quere. Its pretty much luck....

That's why we need a system that rewards good submitters. I don't like being dragged down by people who don't know what they are doing.

• Spakulator-PGOSpakulator-PGO Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Then they can give ingress only 7 and it will be equal and everything will go quicker.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

A reward for good submitters only works if all good submissions are approved. When ~40% of trail markers are rejected by bad reviewers, the submitter shouldn't be penalized.

But back to the main topic, I don't really see any difference in quality of the submissions between Pokemon Go and Ingress players. There are bad and abusive ones made by players of both games. However, there are substantially more PoGo players thus we should expect more bad submission. As for why Ingress gets more, it's because that's how many they always got and Niantic doesn't like taking things away. Remember when they gave us an extra premier ball because of the last ball glitch? It didn't go away when the glitch did.

• Diskrepansi-INGDiskrepansi-ING Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Like others, I'd be interested in proof of this.

"they are overtaken by the ingress submissions from last 3 weeks" - interesting; tell this to my dozen submissions that are still "in queue" or "in voting" from May.

And yet, I had two in August which have been approved already (without being upgraded), while ten others are still pending, along with thirteen in June... the difference? Geographic location. Maybe there's more involved in this than the bias you're feeling. *shrug*

Perhaps it would be good to know just how many players actually even max out their nominations on any regular basis. That is - what is the actual use-case that we're talking about here? Without knowing this, it's rather difficult to predict what effect any changes may have; eg. how many fewer nominations would there actually be if Ingress players were reduced to 7?

For example: I have put in 86 nominations over 14 months, or just over 6/month. Reducing it to 7/2wks would do nothing to actually reduce my nomination count; it would simply mean that - at best - I'd have to "break up" my nominations if I happen to find a treasure trove. And truth be told - I'm hard-pressed to find that many _good_ nominations in a weekend.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Spakulator-PGO I don't think it would make any difference to speed if Ingress players only got seven submissions instead of 14. I doubt there are may Ingress players in the world who submit more than the occasional thing. I've been playing Ingress for seven years and I can't remember ever submitting more than a few things in a month and my lifetime average is roughly 1/month.

I played an Ingress account on lvl 10 for more submissions, because I was finished upgrading my 7 submissions from PGO before they were availeble again. Now with Ingress, I can also submit some new POIs in smaller towns and villages, who most likely do not need an upgrade. So my submissions are used everytime.

aint happening. I rarely get any submissions from other players around here, and i seldom have things in review that my sons have submitted.

It isnt like you sit down for an hour on wayfarer and get everything in review from around your area. there is just a tiny little amount, id say 2 max. out of 100.

I just think there should be some differentiation between people who created dozens of POI and have reviewed 20.000 and people who don't review at all and submit their garden gnome. The system isn't perfect but that shouldn't be an excuse to treat everyone the same.

There are people who have objectively done more for wayfarer than others and they should be rewarded in some way.

(Upgrades are not a reward in my opinion some people even try to actively avoid them because they think it lowers their chances of something getting accepted)

I would love a system based in your quality, so a new rating option in reviews. A playground can get accepted, even if the title = the description, a bad picture, a lot of spelling mistakes. While people, who do research on their submissions. So give more submissions to those, who put efford into Wayfarer.

• GirlIsNoOne-PGOGirlIsNoOne-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

My experience is that the majority of ingress players aren't using the 14 each and every fortnight, and are far more likely to be travelling and submitting POI in weird out the areas and low reception zones than what Pogo players do. I travel semi-regularly through national parks and tiny towns and could easily use up 14 in a couple of hours

The 25km remote submit is critical for ingress, as we like anchor portals that can be difficult to take out, but the reception is poor on location and not sufficient enough to upload the required photos. Satallite photo submission is horrendously expensive ($20 minimum per nomination). The pogo players I know want remote submit to just be able to submit local in town POI without having to be there, not due to poor reception issues.

• Sugarstarzkill-PGOSugarstarzkill-PGO Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a PoGo player, I want the ability to remote submit for a few reasons. One reason IS poor reception a lot of times. I have found many places where reception is fine for playing the game, but my submissions fail over and over because the signal isn't good enough. In those situations, I've had to get 90% done, drive a mile or so away to good reception, then hit submit.

The other reason is I have very limited daylight hours to submit. If I could quickly get photos when it's good weather, then submit later, I would be able to do a lot more submissions. Unfortunately a lot of the times I have to submit, its pouring rain, cloudy, even snowing. I have done submissions in rain and snow, but it'd be nice not to!

a big problem for post PGO player is, that they cannot submit from the spot. their app crashes, or doesnt fulfill the request.

alot of players resorted to other measures.

• SeaprincessHNB-PGOSeaprincessHNB-PGO Posts: 1,607 Ambassador

It appears to be the case with the one Ingress player we have locally as well. His stuff seems to go through faster and since he isn't getting out much right now, I think he's doing it all through Ingress.