My reviewing radius has substantially changed

Not sure if it’s because of the update, but I’ve noticed that now I’m reviewing nominations nationally rather in my area like I previously have. Located in Texas so I usually get all of TX and OK along with very few FL and other southern states. Now I’m getting Puerto Rico, Mexico, NC, ID, NY, CA and AZ. Is this due to the update? Would make more sense if everyone reviewed closer of where they are located geographically? Not complaining. Just wondering.

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Your nomination radius is based on S2 cells (lvl 6 i believe). I am in north-Germany getting submissions from 10 different nations. But that never changed.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's in Idaho there is a good chance it's one of mine... As long as it's a good one.

• AgentX1976-INGAgentX1976-ING Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously though, anything outside of your normal area of review is probably an upgrade from somone. Since those get pushed out to a larger audience to get a decision faster.

I've seen others post and I have also noticed that the island parts of the USA get pushed out pretty wide as well. Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Guam to name a few.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

The standing theory is that your "natural region" is your level 6 S2 cell + plus the 8 that surround. Then you also review around your bonus & home location(s) which doesn't seem to follow quite the same cell/regional pattern. You will also receive nominations from anywhere in your current country, which extends to territories, explaining why US based players report seeing Guam and even Saipan. The "whole country" in some areas will include cities within neighbouring countries where that particular cell extends across international boarders. It's uncommon, but I will see a few Mexico & Canada nominations even though I'm in the US Midwest. The theory is that the nominations outside your selected areas have been upgraded or perhaps have other prioritizations assigned.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

do not get your hopes up that you get too much from your own cell. in fact, my sons seldom get anything from me or their brothers and vice versa.

we do submit in our lvl6 s2 cell and our adjacent cell, as we live on the border.

our submissions still clog, the only things that go into voting are from places that do not have much wayspots. it seems they have been priorizated by niantic to fill those vacant areas.