What can I do to get these nominations accepted?

Hello everyone, these tanks or water towers are points of interest in my area, however the times that I have nominated them they are rejected, which is curious since nearby there is an existing poke stop that corresponds to another water tower, how can I proceed so that my proposals are taken into account and do not continue to be rejected by the community that may not know the criteria regarding these elements

Answers

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

like luke said, look at current criteria, not what is in game already. these do not meet the safe pedestrian access requirement, and are not likely to make it into the game unless you get super lucky with getting local reviewers that also want these in game. i would reject.

• Dangueco-PGODangueco-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Probably in your area there are many things that can be proposed as wayspot, unfortunately I live in a rural area of ​​the third world, that is why this class of tanks are distinctive in the area, they are meeting points and easily accessible, but hey , Thank you for your answers

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they're still just a water tank with no uniqueness or something worth, even if you claimed they're meeting points and accessible.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, large and high water tanks/towers are visible landmarks, especially in more rural areas. I have even visited several such water towers in my city before I started playing Pogo and Ingress.

But... without knowing the area these examples don't seem to fit that criteria either.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

The water tank, I couldn't recommend wasting any nominations on it. Perhaps if the owner hired an artist to paint a mural, otherwise it's too generic.

The water tower, on the other hand, is viable as per the original guidelines and is still a recommended "accept" as of January 2019:

But regardless, the location is not allowed to be on a "private farm", so be sure that that is fully clarified. We can't give advice on that from here without knowing more about the actual location.

• Vboy99-PGOVboy99-PGO Posts: 65 ✭✭

Recently came across 2 Water Tower Wayspot nominations, and rejected both based on:

• Water Towers are restricted from public accessed
    • It is a protected area not meant to be explored / visited

However, I would accept the nomination should the Water Tower had:

• Become the local symbolic landmark
    • Abandoned and transformed to become an attraction.

Not sure if I had over processed the idea 🤣

What do you think?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

First example: No, the tank is just a cistrern (cylinder with diameter bigger than height). These are everywhere, and often for chemicals or compounds (not always water).

Second example: A lot of people are really into water towers (as other people are into murals, or angel statues, or history plaques). They go to the water tank, exploring, because they can see it from miles away. Water towers are also interesting, engineeringwise.

If this water tower is iconic enough to be on your town website - include a link in your supporting information. But this should not be required.

I'd appeal the water tower if I were you, with note including reasons it's a good wayspot (as mentioned above).

• Low quality photo? Tree makes tower hard to read

• CheloTeamRocket-PGOCheloTeamRocket-PGO Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited October 2023

Las torres de agua, especialmente en pequeños pueblos, son aceptadas en mi región. La comunidad SI las acepta. Pero deben ser torres de agua altas, que puedan servir como punto de referencia en el paisaje.

Mira este ejemplo:

Una pena que en tu area no sean aceptadas.

Graffitis with letters, they are vandalistic, they do not meet the criteria but they are still accepted

• Get a better cell phone?

• zyzyzykyle-PGOzyzyzykyle-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I don't know why the water tower is a bad nomination. You don't need to climb and explore above the tower. It's also good to nominate because of the landmarks in the area. Walking around the water tower is also a good way to explore.