Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Would this mural be eligible?

Answers

• jaaxtmp-INGjaaxtmp-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

I don't think so, it seems to be something temporary and it's not a mural at all ! It'd be a draw at most, in addittion to this, the places seems to be private I'm not sure. Don't submit it

• Woodcat5-PGOWoodcat5-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi.

I agree, is not a "mural" (a paint in a wall).

is just a paint, can be removed and I do not think as a point of interest,

• Perringaiden-INGPerringaiden-ING Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing the question is more about whether the abstract nudity is appropriate. Personally, I wouldn't approve the photo, based on the statements made about adult services:

Nominations that are images of adult-oriented stores or services

Including liquor stores, adult entertainment, **** ranges, firearm stores, etc. Establishments that serve alcoholic beverages like bars and pubs are acceptable

But that's more of an interpretation in lieu of a a direct ruling by Niantic about representations of the human form. I could see lots of issues with things like "Statue of David" falling into the same category despite being something that Niantic really wants as a POI.

• Seklai-INGSeklai-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭

Agree... it isn't a mural and look like a temporary wayspot... maybe someone can change it place 👀 Not fixed at all....

Spanish ON:

Veo que la imagen dice algo como casa de la cultura ¿Quizás? Si es así la imagen puede no ser elegible por no ser mural, como dicen ellos, y que hasta podría parecer que se puede mover de lugar por lo que es temporal... pero el lugar en sí, podría pasar como nominación. Dependerá de quiénes califiquen. Si son de tu área o no 🤔

• MinusFive-INGMinusFive-ING Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Is that in somebody's front yard? If so, it's ineligible for being on private residential property.

• As many people have said, this looks to be ineligible for a couple of reasons:

1. It looks like a temporary installation vs. a painted mural on a building or something similar.
    2. It also looks like it's in someone's yard, which would be in violation of the private residential property guideline.
  • Dice3423-INGDice3423-ING Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@NianticCasey-ING Now, if this painting was say indoors at a office building, mall, restaurant, bar or a museum, it could be accepted then?

January 2020 update in Help.

Indoor Wayspots

• Acceptable: Mounted or free-standing murals, paintings, fountains, sculptures, etc. in a mall or the lobby of a business that also meet the criteria of being visually unique and locally significant.
    • Not acceptable: Mounted or free-standing murals, paintings, fountains, sculptures, etc. on or within 40 meters of private residences.

As long as it is not on Private Residential Property or other restricted areas? Correct?

• ChampReady-PGOChampReady-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭

Was the title/description inappropriate? That’d help determine its eligibility.