Center of Social Services being rejected because it's located in a neighborhood called "La Salut"

I have a very frustrating situation where one 100% valid POI is being rejected just because it contains the name "Salut" (as it's the neighborhood's name) and people reject it thinking it's some kind of hospital.

I explain this in the description and also in the support information but it gets rejected anyways.

How can I deal with this?

This nomination has been rejected due to the following reason(s):

The real-world location of the nomination appears to obstruct the driveway of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers, The real-world location of the nomination appears to be on private residential property or farm, The real-world location of the nomination appears to represent a generic store or restaurant.

I leave some screenshots.

Photo nomitation: It's clear this is a building from Barcelona's City Council (Ajuntament de Barcelona).

Location: fine, no one has complained about the location, but as you can see there's nothing related with a hospital or medical center of any kind, no emergency exits or anything similar and of course not a generic business.

Support information: I mention "La Salut" is the name of the neighborhood.

This can also be seen here:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Salud_(Barcelona)

It's also easy to see in Google maps that this is not related to medical centers as it's a government building:

This is the support link showing the page of the center of social services: https://guia.barcelona.cat/es/detall/centre-de-serveis-socials-la-salut-el-coll-vallcarca-i-els-penitents_95026120845.html

Is there some way of contacting Niantic to get this added as it seems this is being voted by monkeys or robots who don't know how to read?

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you get the idea that this is a 100% valid PoI?

• This is not an administrative building though, this building is of interest because it is a building which focuses on helping people in need on a lot of areas:

1- It helps people at risk of social isolation to integrate into society

2- It helps people with economical problems, they help them to find jobs or apply for help programs.

3- They do activities for people with disabilities and they help them integrate into society.

4- They do classes and courses for old people, helping them to learn new technologies.

5- They also organise other activities to help other types of public organisations.

I do think that this points are enough to categorise this as a point of interest.

• Kroutpiick-PGOKroutpiick-PGO Posts: 370 ✭✭✭✭

In that case, the submitter (@GoRhY-PGO) should give these informations in the support text instead of simply write "100% validos". By presenting this place being an "educational, community services center", it will help reviewers to understand the importance of this place.

This may by clear in your country, but in other areas, "social services center" may sound like an administrative building. Since the submission is upgraded, it is presented to reviewers from a lot of countries. The more information the submitter gives, the more it helps reviewers.

That's unfortunate that some ppl clicked on "disagree" for quoting a Niantic staff message...

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

To be frank, I don't think that people are rejecting it for the reason you cited. They do understand that it is a CSS. They just click on random rejection reasons, because they don't like your submission.

• GoRhY-PGOGoRhY-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

It has been rejected 3 times for the same reason.

The rest of CSS from the city are already on the game so yes, this is the exact reason why only this one is being rejected.

@Kroutpick-PGO I've seen your reply in the email, this definition of a CSS was added in the description on the first proposal but I saw it was too large for people to read it, this is why I had to specify it wasn't related to any emergency service

I edited a small mistake in my last reply but it went into moderation and is not yet visible... -.-

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The rest of CSS from the city are already on the game so yes, this is the exact reason why only this one is being rejected."

Just because something is already in the game does not mean it meets current criteria. Rejecting a new submission of one does not mean they are rejecting your neighborhood. I reject generic memorial benches just like ones that are already in the game all the time around here. And fire stations. And those fountains in the middle of ponds.

If you are convinced that the name is confusing people, then simply make the description "CSS in La Salut" and use your supporting information to persuade reviewers that this is an important wayspot. Don't use the fact that others are live in game. List some of the services you mentioned and possibly add a link to a website. I would be most swayed by the educational aspect. All caps telling reviewers that this is a 100% nomination is not going to do it. I can't copy and paste the text from your screenshots into Google Translate to tell exactly what you did say, but yes, you need to keep it short. Good luck if you try again, and remember that every time people see this to review it could be the first time they have ever seen a CSS.

I know something being in the game doesn't make it valid (I don't mention it in the first post nor in the proposal) but in this case it fully is because of the social and cultural activities provided here. I don't know if you have something similar in your contries but here everybody knows what a CSS is.

The caps just say that "La Salut" is the name of the neighborhood, as the reject reason is people thinking this is a medical center (Salut in catalán - salud in Spanish- literally means health). This should not be confusing if people read the information provided.

The link is already added, it can be seen there in the screenshot. Also, as I said, the CSS description (or list) of the services was added in a different proposal which was rejected by the same reason so it has no effect.

I've tried different things/text combinations but it seems that nothing I say in the description/support info will matter if people see "la salut" in the big red B and directly reject it as if it was a medical center and I've already spent 3 upgrades on this.

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

Why do you actually want to add this spot? As previously stated any governmental building is not eligible. One could even argue that people in need perhaps deserve some sort of privacy....Isn't La Salut a well known neighborhood?

What if the son/daughter of a person requesting help is there waiting for an hour until they get attended?

Regarding La Salut, usually people only talk about districts (in this case, Gracia). You will always hear that Park Güell is in Gracia, never in "La Salut", the same way when people is asked where they live they will never tell you "in La Salut" but "in Gracia" instead.

In that case, the submitter (@GoRhY-PGO) should give these informations in the support text instead of simply write "100% validos". By presenting this place being an "educational, community services center", it will help reviewers to understand the importance of this place.

This may by clear in your country, but in other areas, "social services center" may sound like an administrative building. Since the submission is upgraded, it is presented to reviewers from a lot of countries. The more information the submitter gives, the more it helps reviewers.

That's unfortunate that some ppl clicked on "disagree" for quoting a Niantic staff message...