Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Maybe you can tell me why this got rejected?

Hello there!

Recently I wanted to submit a few interesting buildings of my university. I wrote something like:

"The University [name] is divided into a few thematic sorted buildings. This is Building [name of building], it focuses on (for example) Mathamatics and Computer Science. The Building itself is also built in a formerly railway repair centre so basicly a building within another building. This waypoint can help Students find this place better and get less confused by the campus structure."

Here are the pictures I submitted with the structures:

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Lvn4-p64UERa_HCZXd_5Ru1IK_AkOMWLEtBv9d5xOx5tGcFQm2xCabobvtwmB6mUmRvm9mOseTi-fFJwPNjTgZmDHMY

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/xg4Z9PFVJSap5KvjI3S8OilABjySKclHrOQatNaVbeO-x6_Nji8rXIdbGKbvQKUI3iAgY-WwNiWlAOF5tvNCetOzQanz

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/bm2fzAdC_P_FJZMCiVdnQ-B8J3_bxkkiRJrPr1ceT66f2i1algI8mY2A4eDWhfWIOwgk2nnsW70u04YWo7SwvozOPxmv

I really do not know why they got rejected. Maybe you can explain to me? And if they should be accepted find better words for the description so it is more likely to get accepted.

Regards,

JeyLid

Comments

• ArabellaArdelia-PGOArabellaArdelia-PGO Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

You should've received an email from Niantic giving the rejection reasons - if you can tell us what was said in that email, we might be able to give more insight as to what went wrong.

• JeyLid-PGOJeyLid-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

It does not say the reason. It only says:

"thank you for suggesting the PokéStop KF building on 04.03.2020. The review by the Niantic player community has determined that your proposal is not acceptable.

The result of this review cannot be changed. However, if you think your proposal is acceptable, please read the article What makes a good PokéStop? in the Help Center, and revise the title, description, location and photo when you submit a new proposal. Thanks for your efforts, Trainer!

- The Pokémon GO Team

KF Building

Computer science/ mathematics"

thats all. I even asked the support why it got rejected and they could not help me either

• atsepicnu-INGatsepicnu-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭

It is not clear from your pocitures that it isn´t general business or private building. I understand, why people denied this nomination... Try to read your email again and paste it here.

• neoflashone-INGneoflashone-ING Posts: 8 ✭✭

These buildings dont look like they have historical/cultural importance. It depends on what you have written as supporting information

atsepicnu-ING But I wrote that it is my university. They can look that up on google maps.

neoflashone-ING Thats why I wrote that it is a building in a building and also in a formerly railway repair centre.

• RixbanLarxbet-INGRixbanLarxbet-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

You might want to submit a photo sphere in Google Maps

• MonkikiYoh-INGMonkikiYoh-ING Posts: 1

Can you share a photo of the building? Not just the entrance

Maybe you could try it that way, try the whole building, if the building has unique architecture it qualifies for waypoint

• RhapsoTheSeer-INGRhapsoTheSeer-ING Posts: 48 ✭✭

Maybe just are a Classrooms. You can re-nominate them if they have a sign with the name, or another buildings like faculties, etc

• SouLPrison3r-INGSouLPrison3r-ING Posts: 24 ✭✭

There are few waypoints that are usually considered 3 stars and those waypoints are sometimes considered 4-5 stars depending on the place of nomination.

ex: I nominated a "Water Tank" as a nomination in my area, rejected! Did it again with a different water tank in different area, but still in my city/state. Rejected again! But if the same nomination were to come from a different state, it mostly probably would have been approved. i know this because i reviewed over 8k nominations. And i kept record and checked those nomination few weeks later and 9/10 were approved from different state.

So basically Niantic cannot do anything if your community rejects it. Just nominate what gets approved.

• slider42-INGslider42-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

the fact that you provide different entrances exactly looking the same disqualify these as wayspots

• atsepicnu-INGatsepicnu-ING Posts: 33 ✭✭

it doesn't matter what you wrote at all. Everybody can write anything with his nomination :D

Maybe you should try to take better photos, those three are really bad. It seems you just wanna create a random door as POI, i would rate it with 1* too...

atsepicnu-ING But thats why there is also the surrounding picture. Where I show the whole building with all the other buildings in the background and in the big hall of the repair centre.

• MingusGriswald-PGOMingusGriswald-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

These pictures do not really show the building, just the entrance. Is the waypoint the building, or the letters near the door? Where is the context photo? School buildings should be easy to add to the game, most schools have most of ther major buildings as POIs. These pictures need to show the actual building.

• Fronsac-INGFronsac-ING Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

This discussion should be moved in the correct category.

This section is made for appealing Niantic decisions on the validity of a current active wayspot not for appealing rejections from Wayfarer.

I can not send the context photo here because I do not have it and Niantic does not send it with the E-Mail. The problem with zooming out would be that you do not see the difference between those buildings anymore. On each entrance there are the big letters but also the glass with the description of the house which you can see on the main photo. The context photo did show the complete building.

• 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Educational buildings at a university are eligible. Your main photo should include a sign with the building's name on it if at all possible. Your description should identify the function of the building. e.g. "The McJohnson building at the University of Johnsonville is home to world class research in the natural sciences from Physics to Chemistry to Neuroscience. The largest lecture hall on campus and the university's Science Outreach space can also be found in this building." Your supporting information should identify that the building's purpose is education and that it's on a university campus. If there's architectural interest, mention that there too.

• jaaxtmp-INGjaaxtmp-ING Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

not attractive at all maybe? a better picture may help

• Seklai-INGSeklai-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭

The three photos look the same entrance. They don't look unique but I will aprove the first I see. If I can't see it in street view or satellite I don't know if exist or not. Maybe make a photosphera, change the title and do the nomination again.

Sometimes people don't do a good review when nomination isn't at their region.. 🤔 I try to check everything around the nomination to be sure is elegible.

BTW: This isn't the right subforum for ask. I think...

• Dieyz-INGDieyz-ING Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

Your message isn’t at the good place !

Here It’s when a portal is already on the game. And you ask to delete it because It doesn’t exist. Or is dangerous.

• slider42-INGslider42-ING Posts: 6 ✭✭

While this decorative parking bollard may be visually appealing, it is a mass-produced object.

https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/help#ineligible-wayspots

• ValbertoZ1BR-PGOValbertoZ1BR-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

É possível visualizar o local com o Google Maps?