November Criteria AMA - Topics Thread

Comments

• Harambe1387-PGOHarambe1387-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Biking and hiking trails are normal generic looking signs acceptable? If they are on a real designated trail by the city?

Historic plaques would this include historical markers, memorial plaques, memorial benches, memorial plaques, dedication plaques, war grave memorial plaques, and group memorials? It seems like they are for all of them, just trying to clarify things acceptable under the title. Does the title need one of these, or is a "historical plaque" needed in the title?

Are billards table, dart boards, horseshoe pits, and video games at a bar, can we accept these similar to a chess board at a park? Bars seem to be hit or miss because people assume all businesses are generic otherwise if its does not look like a bar from like Vegas for smaller cities, or urban areas?

Thoughts on prints? Should they be considered a rejection? Or can we consider them if they are the only one in a city and visually unique to other wayspots near by? This seems to be a popular issue with a lot of reviews.

Whats your opinions of a photosphere? Some reviewers demand them to approve any pokestops? Yet most players don't even know how to submit them? Should a valid item be rejected if it doesn't have one?

• holdsfrom-PGOholdsfrom-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

​According to the new criteria, safety shelter is reject.

1.​Should I reject the designated shelter such as a gymnasium or a community center?

2.​Should I reject the designated emergency evacuation site such as parks, squares and tsunami evacuation towers?

Post edited by holdsfrom-PGO on
  • 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but only so long as those large grassy areas still have safe pedestrian access TO the location. For example, a location that is in the middle of a roundabout that does not have crosswalks leading to them, or a location that is surrounded on all sides by 55mph highways, would NOT be considered "safe".

A location in a park, or on an island, would be fine.

Sidewalks have never been mandatory.

• spiesr-INGspiesr-ING Posts: 313 ✭✭✭✭

The acceptance criteria "Must be a permanent physical, tangible, and identifiable place or object, or object that placemarks an area" would seem to indicate that signs are still required for places that otherwise lack a tangible object.

• EcceAngelo-INGEcceAngelo-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

@0X00FF00-ING ... and yet you’re wrong on some of them, at least PRP. Niantic explicitly wrote many times that 1. Only single family residential properties and farms were addressed by this criterium, and 2. That those didn’t have to be bluntly rejected but “carefully reviewed” instead.

But we still agree on something : the new guidelines are far from sufficient. And as most people won’t ever read the forum or AMA, it’s important that the official guidelines on the wayfarer website be very clear.

• ULtraGreG24-PGOULtraGreG24-PGO Posts: 28 ✭✭

What is the meaning of "nature sign" ? What does this represent?

• EcceAngelo-INGEcceAngelo-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭

@0X00FF00-ING I’m sorry, but if you begin to not accept what is stated in the AMA and if you consider that the precisions given by @NianticCasey-ING are only their personal opinion and have no general value, I’m afraid we won’t be able to discuss further. For my part, I stop the discussion here on that matter.

edited November 2020

Given that I cannot comprehend how your interpretation even follows from Krug's and Casey's previous stated plain-English answers, that's probably fair.

*Also Krug's AMAs and Casey's "PRP" commentary were both answers passed along to us from the Wayfarer Team

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Folks! This is an AMA; not a debate class.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reproductions of paintings using modern printing methods. These would actually fall under mass-produced art, even when they are a limited run.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you clarify as to whether to have "safe pedestrian access" the sidewalk along road has to be paved or whether an extended grass verge is acceptable?

I've had a nomination (a piece of public art) next to a bus stop rejected on pedestrian access grounds because it was a soft verge and not paved.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

If a road has as soft (grassy) verge instead of a paved sidewalk, does this stil constitute safe pedestrian access if there is enough room to walk along it?

I've had a nomination next to a bus stop rejected because people didn't agree an extended grassy verge is safe pedestrian access.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gamers want quantity! Are you now saying the community can now decide these things?

• whether a painted fire hydrant, hospital corridor mural, statue inside army base restricted area... blocks emergency services (Hint: gamers want quantity!)
    • boring things that "get a lot of foot traffic" are good wayspots
    • MOER wayspots at Boy Scout Camps and church kindergarten playgrounds!
    • Anything noticable when driving by, even if never a destination - like boundary signs for neighborhoods, plazas, city limits, apartment complexes, etc.
    • Every hole in disc golf! Every bus stop! Every Starbucks! (Are you going to reimburse Starbucks for sponsoring a specific number?)

This discussion has been closed.