Poland Challenge

Is it just me or does this challenge make absolutely no sense, in the grand scheme of adding genuine high quality points of interest, to the network?

Going by portals approved is a silly metric and may encourage biased voting, so agents are able to get to the top tier and those SBUL, agreements would make far more sense.

It may encourage agents to set their bonus location to Poland, to participate, without speaking Polish and being able to review properly.

It sucks that it isn’t a global event, but as I said previously, anyone who hasn’t set their bonus location could technically participate, and be stuck reviewing nominations of a language they can’t read, for a year.

Bit of a silly one Niantic, and this doesn’t appear to be well thought through. A global event based on agreements would be much more logical.

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

Yeah, this seems poorly thought out. It’s encouraging submitters to submit more (when they’re limited on this by their respective apps) and encouraging reviewers to be more lenient with reviewing submissions too.

The prizes aren’t great and I am sure someone else will mention that with the Ingress only items there’s no incentive for Pokémon GO only Wayfarers to review/submit more.

• pokestophope-INGpokestophope-ING Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
  • Qwizical-INGQwizical-ING Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

They did say home location (but really can Niantic even tell you're reviewing through a bonus?)

Personally I would never review for 10 SBUL and an upgrade. I need 100 Upgrades. Niantic please give me upgrades 😂

Also there's the assumption that there are 15000 niantic-worthy portals in the system in Poland. Niantic should really be asking for 15000 (or 30000) submissions that reach consensus, but again, this is open to abuse because we know full well there is evidence of people colluding with multiple accounts to get specific wayspots accepted or relocated.

The way everything looks in the UK part of the system I'm not sure there are 15000 portals I would accept considering the rate I reject stuff. I'm assuming niantic has stats for discovery and the depth of a global backlog we can't see so that they know this is a viable challenge.

@PkmnTrainerJ-ING pretty sure the event details mentioned some kind of shiny mankey event. But who's interested in that right?

• LamerDead-INGLamerDead-ING Posts: 5 ✭✭

Do i must to change home location? my home location is Kaliningrad, about 80% review from Poland.

Usually cell NR03-FoXTROT-01

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

Ah, I missed the Pokémon GO details. Had just seen the other details shared elsewhere.

• osobliwosc-INGosobliwosc-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Actually, I understood that the tiers are for the whole challenge, not per user.

• Guschtel-INGGuschtel-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Pandorras box has been opened again. Does anyone remember the seer badge?

Wtf Niantic. Do you really expect to improve the quality of your poi database this way?

• SimonMaddison-INGSimonMaddison-ING Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

I am getting Poland nominations very rarely, but I do, so if I review only one Poland waypoint during this week, would I be eligible for rewards both in ingress and PoGo? As i play both games.

If that's the case, than those bonus reward will be kinda nice for me (as they would be totally as free bonus), but if I would have to change my bonus location, it ll be not so great...

Still I am in hate that this is for Poland only....Wayfarer around the globe is backloged, especially in bigger towns...What help did we get? More people submiting new waypoints cause of level restriction decreased for PoGo players ...

Post edited by SimonMaddison-ING on
  • Svizac28-INGSvizac28-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

This challenge is so stupid, Niantic is basically forcing Polish reviewers to just blindly accept everything

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

because Niantic made about 192,32 $ with Ingress, and 1 Billion in 2020 with PGO.

• Robert4444-INGRobert4444-ING Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭

Who translated it ... you are doing an event in Poland for players from Poland and instead of reviewing ("oceniać") you give submissions ("zgłaszać"). GOOD JOB! Clear and transparent rules...

• Grogyan-INGGrogyan-ING Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

I am from NZ and cannot participate.

But my 2c is that,

1). this will just encourage more junk wayspots.

2) The rewards, particularly for Ingress players is laughably tiny

• pdurys-PGOpdurys-PGO Posts: 7 ✭✭

Many of your comments are valid. But what is different with this challange than sponsored event in Mexico few days ago. Could I participate beeing located in Poland? No. Shall I complain? Maybe that no local business wants to setup similar event here.

Yes, 15000 agreements looks ridiculously high number, but have you checked area of Poland and guess how many players are here?

I am sure Niantic is doing his research and those numbers comes from somewhere. Not just simply encourage LVL 38 trainers to submit every lamp post in the country. We have more of those than 15000 and we do not have white bears on the streets too.

Then please stop complain that you do not understand polish, or lives in the other part of the world. Just simply skip this news and stay safe.

So whats the Numbers? I cannot See Them as i am not in Polska

• CypherCris-PGOCypherCris-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

3842 accepted poi.

November is really bad time for this challenge. Second wave of covid, most things are closed, also we are at middle of autumn. Days are shorter, weather is rainy or cloudy. Why not summer?

thank you. what i dont understand is, why should this November be a bad time? everyone is at home.

• CypherCris-PGOCypherCris-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Day are shorter. Weather is bad. Photos are terrible and most Polish reviewers dont understand what bad quality photo is. Also our government recommended to stay home. Summer would better time, many people holiday stay at Poland and visit many place that have potential to be good candidate. And anyway most good candidates are accepted at bigger towns/city, so hard nominate something valuable.

maybe i dont have understand the concept of the Poland Challenge.

Is this about submitting things? I thougt it is about reviewing things.

yes, but if there is something beign submitted on the 18th, it will take 1-2 days until it starts appearing and goes "into voting".

i doubt that there are many things that have been submitted in the last days, and will go into voting between the 18th and 25th.

this is more about working off the backlog of already submitted wayspots that has amassed since many many month.

the mayority of these submissions have already been in the system, already made its rounds and collectet something between 1* and 5* - these things are likely to find a solution between the 18th and 25th.