How can we report those guys who reject our eligible nomination..

RickBanik198-PGORickBanik198-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited November 2020 in General Discussion

Hi reviewers,

Can someone please tell me how can we report those guys who review our eligible nomination and reject it..

Please check photos everyone can easily see..

How could that got rejected..

The Google map have lots of photos, video's etc..

Please help me..

Comments

• RickBanik198-PGORickBanik198-PGO Posts: 12 ✭✭

Ok now i got it you guys don't have any idea about indian community..

And by the way Qwizical did you ever see a cricket plactice pitch..

Please do some Google searches..

And can anyone just tell me a nomination get rejected can we submit a request for checking that nomination get voted fairly or not..??

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RickBanik198-PGO I know enough to know the difference between a cricket pitch and a practice pitch.

I have to agree with the other people in this thread. Deliberately misplacing a pin is grounds for an automatic rejection. You should just take your lumps on this one and find something better to submit.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's your fault, to put it in a wrong location.

And even if you can check the voting process, of course it was voting fairly, to be rejected for not meeting criteria. Don't try to resubmit it.

• WandHerring-PGOWandHerring-PGO Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭

Just cut your losses here dude. Is a cricket practice pitch eligible? Probably yes. It's frustrating when something blatantly eligible got rejected -hell, last week I got a community garden, with a front sign and a 360° pic with nearly 100.000 views on Street View got rejected- but it's life.

In your case however there was ground for rejection, not because the topic of the submission isn't eligible, but because you tried to cheat the system by strategically misplacing the pin and admit to it in the info section. Just submit it again at the right position and it should go through.

• YouLostAStar-INGYouLostAStar-ING Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have Cricket in our country too. I’ve submitted 3 Cricket clubs and waiting on another to build their new clubhouse so I can submit that.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

To answer your point of “If something is rejected, can we have a review to see if it was voted on fairly?”. No, you can’t.

Niantic places their trust in reviewers and submitters having read the guidelines, and trust that they will not abuse the system so asks them to resubmit any rejections if they still believe it meets criteria.

As you have admitted trying to game the system by placing the pin incorrectly, please do not resubmit.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should have been rejected because of "mismatched location". You basically confirm it in the description.

If the pitch cage(?) is considered aseparate from the stadion, place the marker in correct position. Purple pin correct? Would be in a different cell and more than 20 meters.

Also, existing stadion pin shouldn't be on the field of play. Make a location edit to edge of the field (but not to the same cell as entrance POI).

• Damastaglen-PGODamastaglen-PGO Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

In fairness you can only location edit in Ingress and he plays Pokémon Go.

As someone who plays cricket I absolutely know the difference so feel I can contribute here. Here are the problems with the nomination.

Firstly, your nomination & description is for a cricket pitch yet the photo is not, your photo is for practice nets. If you submit as practice nets you have a better chance of getting through.

Secondly, others may have mentioned the quality of the name and description but I am more forgiving on the name though for a description I would have put something like ‘Local cricket stadium in Bongaon area of India’ and left the cultural hub bit for the why it is important. This though would probably have been let slide if not for the other issues.

Thirdly, and most concerning, is that you openly admit to misplacing the pin in order to get a Pokestop / Gym where you wanted it. This is absolutely not allowed. Now there are some big things where you have some freedom on (for example, using cricket again, if you were to submit the boundary rope, you could actually place anywhere on the circumference of the pitch and it would still be correct) nevertheless it still has to be exactly where you claim it to be otherwise it is liable to be moved or in this case (probably because it was so blatant) rejected.

Regardless what your local community and culture is like, to play Niantic’s games you have to agree to their online community guidelines and you broke three of them.

From acceptance criteria - Must contain accurate information in the title, description, and photo

From rejection criteria - Abusive location Locations that are intentionally and strategically placed to provide advantage to a single player or collective group. Or location edits that attempt to move the Wayspot away from the object with which it’s associated (for example, moving the Wayspot to a different city/country or moving it to a more convenient location).

From FAQs - Should I consider proximity to nearby Wayspots or Wayspot density when analyzing a nomination? No. As long as the nomination is not a duplicate of an existing Wayspot, it is eligible to become a Wayspot. Each Niantic app has its own proximity rules to determine whether it will be included in the app.

Finally, you asked “can we submit a request for checking that nomination get voted fairly or not?” - No, Niantic trust us as reviewers to do it correctly though I believe that they themselves do sample reviews of things in the queue. Even if they did allow appeals, they aren’t going to overturn this one.

My advice, take this as a lesson learned and move on. You are lucky you aren’t banned.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Damastaglen-PGO The location edit would be over 10 meters, should be done through the form anyway. Link if OP is interested, stadion POI could be easier to access i i located in the northern corner?

--

(For the record, my earlier message was sent when there were no responses yet. The screenshot caused it to go through moderation? Would have wanted to edit it a little.)

• Qwizical-INGQwizical-ING Posts: 91 ✭✭✭✭

Uh yes I have seen cricket practice NETS. They are not a PITCH :) they have always looked to be horribly temporary.

FYI cricket is popular in the UK, my local cricket ground has a lot of history tied to it.

Just because I give you my opinion on cricket practice nets (still not a pitch) doesn't mean you have to assume I'm an ignoramus.