Cursed sculpture

Hi everyone! I'm using google translator and my very bad english, by I hope you will anyway understand what I mean.

I need your help. I wasted 3 upgrades for this sculpture, and this is the third times the sculpture was rejected for... no understandable reason.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/9055/sculpture-rejected#latest

This is the link to my previews request of help. Very gentle @LukeAllStars-PGO answered me that the most probably problems was that the google maps it's not aggiorned, and the sculpture was not seeabled. And it was! Google passed from my village so many years ago that in google maps there's not many street that today was built.

My gentle friend Luke suggested me to insert the Street view, and I did. I made a new proposal, I marked it with an upgrades, I waited and... the reviewer striked again!

Here my proposal:

"Description

Sculpture by a local artist, located on the new cycle path of Corgeno and opens the way to a succession of other works, inviting people to stop and admire the art of working the local stone"

Here my streetview!

You need less than 10 seconds for understand where's, and how the new street is two steps behind the google map's tree!

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7469035,8.6839148,3a,90y,188.54h,82.8t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipPgogssp8elklZBhffjQ8T3-ExXW85_BN37fw0!2e10!3e12!7i6144!8i3072

I don't wanna give up! I did all I could do, and it's not ok. But why it's not?

Please tell me why.

Or I should prepare myself for a rejected sequel?

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

The only thing that I am looking at, is the title. I just don't see a woman in the stone. Could just be my non-artistic eyes, but I don't see it. However, the elements you have added and all are good, so you did your best for sure on it.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

We can't tell you why it has been rejected. Only the people that voted it can answer that question. Try to join a local/national wayfarer group.

I would suggest to write the title in Italian

The photosphere is not good as the nomination is a little far away, and you have added a broken one on that spot.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Standing a stone upright on its edge does not turn it into a sculpture.

• Ultimo6419-PGOUltimo6419-PGO Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Modern art can have difficulties with appreciation. London Undergroud removed a Bansky: spraying is spraying is rubbish.

I was not a reviewer for this nomination. However we had some fakes recently with small items that were put on rocks only for the photo. Maybe we reviewers are suffering from paranoia?

Maybe wait a little and try again. If the park has more art objects, nominate those first. They will appear on the duplicate list and help judge the object. Is the artpiece mentioned in internet?

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its hard to pass and know what it is by looking at it. If you have a link that proves that is a sculpture I would put that into the supporting information so people can see that its actually a sculpture. The street view i dont think is the problem but yet proving it is what you say it is would be more beneficial

• donandlan-PGOdonandlan-PGO Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

Can you name the local artist? Is there a page on the web that shows or discusses the work? Is there anything on the web about the project? If there are several works along the path, as you state, there should be something somewhere talking about it. Maybe one of the other artists have their work listed somewhere that says its a commissioned piece for the new artist path or something similar.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you placed the photosphere and it went live on Google Maps, the preview in your nomination should show the sculpture in place. You might try again with the photosphere so people do not have to follow your link. Get as close to the statue as you can and still see it when you take it so that is the view that wayfarer will fill in for reviewers to see. Then you can use the space in the supporting info to link to information about the artist. You are definitely going to have to prove that this is a work of art with a link. Either to something about this specific piece or to the cycle path artwork.