Private residence or farm

Looking over the content Guidelines, I am interested as to why an explanation of what falls under "private residence or farm" is not included. Recently I have been trying to submit Clubhouses and community centers for local apartment complexes, of the three so far that I have nominated, only one has passed, and the other two were rejected because the reviewer believed they were on private residence or farm. From looking over the forums, and seeing what many reviewers have said; clubhouses are safe gathering places, and should be accepted. if not why not?

I think this is something that needs to be specifically included in the guidelines. if not, what is the reasoning for not including it?

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't confuse "is eligible" with "should be accepted"

• donandlan-PGOdonandlan-PGO Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

As you have noted, prior criteria for private residental property was limited to private, single family, residential property. The New criteria does not make the same distinction clear and possibly further muddied the water with the inclusion of "publicly accessible." This is also not currently clarified, and some are taking to mean all members of the public should have potential access to the wayspot. This would make POI in private clubhouses ineligible. Time will tell if these aspects of the criteria are made more clear.

• Dam0clees-PGODam0clees-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭

i completly agree, if its ineligible its one thing, if its not on a private residence or farm; that is something else and then the reviewers don't actually know how to review, which with the new level 38 drop we know is true.

• Dam0clees-PGODam0clees-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭

One thing that may help is that if it is rejected, when it gets to the next reviewer it places an additional question box saying something like: would you reject this for "X" ? with the criteria of what "X" is such as private residence or farm being: "private, single family, residential property." if the next couple of reviewers do not agree with that rejection then its not rejected, and the individual that first rejected it is prevented from reviewing anything untill they read and verify they have read what the criteria for "private, single family, residential property" would be, or for any other rejection for that matter.

This would educate the reviewers as they review, give them feedback as to what they are doing wrong, and help the community as a whole. This could even replace the captcha or the cool downs.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think there is any reason to believe that anything has changed in the definition of "PRP", since during reviewing, if one gives one star for Location/Private Residence or Farm, it says:

"Use for nominations that are on single family residences or private farmlands."

This is what it has always said, and thus I have no reason to believe that anything has changed.