Wayspot nomination locations

I am having a hard time understanding why my wayspots nomination locations keep getting moved. I usually get my nominations approved, but it’s frustrating with what some reviewers are doing. I put the location on the right side of the tennis court, then a reviewer moves it to the left side. I put a wayspot on the top of the basketball court, a reviewer puts it on the bottom. Do some reviewers just need to put their own spin on things? If it’s on the basketball court, on the tennis court or on a baseball field, then why move it?

Comments

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

I can't speak for them, as I do not know the locations, photo's etc. But sometimes because of a photo, the placement of the Stop gets changed, to cover for the location the photo is taken, or sometimes to where is the safest place to access the stop at the location itself.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

For tennis courts, are you placing the location where people enter through the fencegate? Is the same true for the basketball courts? Or are there signs at these locations?

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of reviewers have preferences for where wayspots should be located and move locations to preferred locations, even if the original submission is valid and the new location is off the object.

• donandlan-PGOdonandlan-PGO Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

If a nomination review has a wayspot on the field of play, I will move it off the field to a location where a group can stand and not disturb others utilizing the function of the field. I do this for soccer pitches, tennis courts, baseball field, basketball courts, and playgrounds. People will center the POI on the large play equipment of playgrounds,, but this is not a suitable location for a wayspot.

If a nomination review has a wayspot for a building. It is often placed on the road or s centered on the building. I will move it to location near the entrance of the building where a group can stand without blocking others from entering the building.

If the nomination is a sign, I move the wayspot so that it is exactly on the sign.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Back when one of the requirements for sports fields in particular was that it had to be at least 40 meters from private residential property, I would sometimes move pins (if possible) to another valid location to avoid being forced to reject under that rule. That clarification, of course, has been superceded by the newest 3.1 rules, so I wouldn't need to do that any more.

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

ditto what @donandlan-PGO said

my local group actually had a discussion on discord the other night discussing the placement of the pin on fields and one of the long time reviewers had been moving pins to the center! the current criteria explicitly states that the pin should be OFF the field of play. we just have to make sure everyone is aware of that.