Got rejects on Wayspots i saw pretty much everywhere else...

Hi there.

I'm reviewing for a long while nowwith a Wayfinder-Rating of "Excellent" or however the best score is called in english. I just recently started to nominate however. So the weird thing is... i got accepted on my local park nomination which is fine of course. I would be really surprised otherwise. But now i'm running into problems. I submitted interesting and important local places, that got rejected. Of course i dont know the exact reason. As far as i know there is no way of telling why something was rejected.

So here are my nominations:

This is the building of the voluntary firefighters in our village. It was placed to NOT disturb any emergency paths. It is extra important to us because this is the place where multiple events are hosted every year.

I also very carefully craftet a good title and description to clarify that. Location shouldnt have been an issue either, as it is very well visible on GMaps. ...so... what exactly was the problem here?

Now onto my second nomination:

Now this is a sports hall. The only one nearby. It is not on schoolground. Special thing: It has a small restaurant in front where people meet every other weekend for a small gathering in the evening.

Also the hell gets used by multiple sports clubs. Verifying the location should not be a problem AT ALL since there is a 360 picture and it is perfectly visible on the map.

Again - i made up a very nice title and informative description.

The firefighter club was rejected 30 mins ago.

The sports hall was rejected a few days ago and i'm waiting for the result of my second try.

Now i totally understand that those places are not visually stunning or anything. They look relatively normal i understand that. But wasn't "cultural value" an important point?

I described that for both of these location very well.

What makes me the most upset is the fact that pretty much everywhere around my town exactly those two things are existing waypoints.

I may understand the rejection of the station, but why the sports hall?

I just dont get it and i'm really upset.

I really have fun placing new wayspots in my areas. But rejections that nobody tells me the reason for are really demotivating... i really hope you guys can help me out to maybe improve retrys?

Thank you all so much for reading!

-Pichu

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Firestations are ineligeble. The sportshall is not really good verifieable. Also, if it is in schoolground or close to a school, thus can be another reason for the rejection. I can understand the rejections.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

A fire station doesn't necessarily meet a criteria, however, if it serves as a meeting place for parts of the community. However it is ineligible if "Location obstructs the driveways of emergency services or may interfere with the operations of fire stations, police stations, hospitals, military bases, industrial sites, power plants, or air traffic control towers." This means it depends on the placement of the pin. However, it will be difficult to convince many reviewers that it's in a safe location.

The sportshall should be easier to get approved. However, if it's not obvious to reviewers (like a name on the exterior or the building or clearly mapped on Google), it will be difficult to get approved. If that's the case, I would try to find links to athletic organization that meet there, which would provide evidence that is a sports hall/serves as a meeting place for the community.

• Kellerrys-INGKellerrys-ING Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the photos, use landscape mode to show the actual buildings properly. Now your photos show more road and sky than the buildings.

Otherwise hard to comment. Actual nominations (screenshots) give a clearer idea of what could possibly be improved.

• CptPICHU-PGOCptPICHU-PGO Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for you all to give me feedback.

I'll try those things out.

Is it worth it to retry submitting rejections if i'm REALLY sure they should be Wayspots?

• Misch60-PGOMisch60-PGO Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Yes of course. As long as it has a chance to be accepted, you can retry.

• btw, your rating as "Excellent" reviewer does NOT mean, that your nominations are accepted automatically or more easily.

• Euthanasio2-PGOEuthanasio2-PGO Posts: 272 ✭✭✭

I'd probably only try the sport building personally and link to their website in additional info if they got one.

The firefighter thing might not technically be emergency service, but I could see people confusing it for one.

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

On average, it means that you generally have a better idea as to what passes or does not pass, and so can use your knowledge to better craft your submissions.

But even so, I'm still stuck on trying to get some historical artifacts that are directly on hiking trails approved, and just ... have to roll my eyes sometimes and resubmit. And resubmit.

I still occasionally plea with @NianticCasey-ING to let me have longer Supporting texts, as some of my supporting info has URLs that are immensely long, and reviewers reeeeeally don't like "shorteners". I mean, just one link to the google map was over 170 characters. The link to a map proving the trail is there is another 160+. While the google maps' link can use a google-provided goo.gl/maps/ shortener down to some 37 characters, that still assumes the reviewers aren't too chicken to trust the link or even know that it's google-official.