2nd Time my nominations have been labeled generic store

Photos of first time

Photos of today

It saddens me that this has happened multiple times now. Someone is abusing their power and keeps reporting people regular nominations. I just need help with this please.

Comments

• HannesTheHammer-PGOHannesTheHammer-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

This is the nomination improvement section. People are volunteering to help others.

Btw Is there a reason why you didn't bother to mention the person the bench is dedicated to?

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the second time that you ignore the "Does not meet criteria" that appears as the first rejection reason.

How long until you read the nomination guidelines?

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither of those objects are automatically eligible. In fact, you put no effort into writing a description to indicate why either of those objects are historically or culturally significant, thus reviewers are rejecting them as "Generic Objects". You should not be blaming reviewers for your own failings.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because an object may be eligible does not mean automatic acceptance. Can you tell us what criteria you thing these two submission fulfil, and how you would rate each of the sections if you were reveiewing them yourself?

No 1 is a typical park bench, nothing special, looks the same as millions of others. You make no mention of who the bench is dedicated to. However, if is just a personal memorial or a dedication to a person in the local community then it will score poorly. As it stands:

Does not meet eligibility criteria

The object is mass-produced, generic, or not visually unique or interesting.

No 2. A Town sign / road sign. Road signs are not eligible and I can't see any other redeeming features. Generic, same as every other road sign - 1*

• Jtronmoore-PGOJtronmoore-PGO Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id have to agree with the other comments as this isnt eligible. Sometimes you get a mix of reasons when your nonination is rejected but this would mean that this is not eligible

• cyndiepooh-INGcyndiepooh-ING Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not even sure that it is reviewers marking this as generic business. As a reviewer I would 1* the bench nomination as "does not meet criteria" and write "generic bench" in the comment box. I would 1* the sign as "does not meet criteria" and write "generic neighborhood sign" in the comment box. From some of the emails I have received, I think that word anywhere triggers the copy/paste "generic business" reason in the email from Niantic. I have received reasons in the emails that make no sense and can't even be used to mark as ineligible for that reason in the drop down menus.

That is a generic memorial bench that is not going to be accepted under current criteria UNLESS you can link to some evidence of it's importance to the community in the supporting information. Memorial benches are used as city fundraisers and are a dime a dozen around here.

That appears to be a generic neighborhood sign in your photo with nothing special about it. The typo of "entrance" in the description didn't help your case any. But was not the reason for rejection. There is nothing I can think of that would get that through, unless you have a link to show that is special in some way. And probably not even then.

If you are judging by what is already in game, criteria have changed a LOT since Ingress came into existence. Hope this helps.

• SPD85-PGOSPD85-PGO Posts: 170 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of reviewers look at a nomination and decide to reject it. They then select a reason, sometimes at random, sometimes not. In both cases, I don't think that your submissions should be accepted as neither meets the criteria; however, that's no excuse for the reviewers being lazy and selecting an incorrect reason.