Retirement Residences.

We have several retirement residences that have turned into stops. Are they legitimate stops or they just got lucky?

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

For me 1*, doesnt meet criteria. Its a social place but not for all, only vor some families. But many of them have scultures or fountains in front of them, which would meet criteria.

• ZeldaVV-PGOZeldaVV-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

They just got lucky. The retirement centers themselves are not eligible. Just like a generic hotel itself is not eligible or apartment complex itself.

But if you find an eligible gazebo, then that can become a wayspot. I personally would not submit things on or near retirement centers out of respect but thats just me - I skip those when reviewing.

• Brrrrrrtt-INGBrrrrrrtt-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

I reviewed on a wayspot located at senior assisted living facility and upon checking that particular location's web site, they were not accepting any visitors due to worry of COVID-19 spread. Needless to say, I had to reject that nomination. So, be mindful.

• Lovelee7886-PGOLovelee7886-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have to disagree. I am a nurse working in a LTC facility. These people have not left the facility for months and months. We have begun scheduled visits for families with very strict precautions in place. It is so important for us to keep these people safe. In saying that, their mental health is important, also. I have a little guy in my facility who LOVES Pokemon and several of the staff members play there, also. Even when visits are restricted, visitors come and sit outside of the window to talk to them. If anyone needs spots right now, I think hospitals and LTC facilities need them, where people can no longer leave and can't have the social interaction they once had. I'm hoping you change your mind on this because I see it as very important for the residents and staff, which then makes it important for the surrounding society, as many have family there and it's been a very long hard 9 months them. On all of us.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are plenty of places that don't accept any visitors currently. Those include zoos, museums, amusement parks, recreational centers. Some places closed their universities and playgrounds, too. Being closed because of the pandemic most definitely doesn't make them ineligible.

• BaltiCalling-INGBaltiCalling-ING Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭✭

Senior centers would be an easy 5*: Community centers...but for seniors!

Retirement communities, not so much..., but many facilities have things on their campus that would qualify (Gazebos and the such)

• PYLrulz-PGOPYLrulz-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

That's the way I've always viewed it. There's a retirement community near where I live that has tons of wayspots, but that's the case because there is all sorts of art instillations, pavilions, and what not around the community.

If the wayspot in question should qualify under the normal qualifications, treat it like normal, even if it's at a retirement community.