Wrongful Duplication Appeal/ Primary Image wrongfully added to another nearby POI

Title of the Wayspot: Jorhat Puja Mandir

City: Jorhat

Screenshot of the Rejection Email: 

Photos to support your claim: 

Additional information:

I would like to appeal against wrongful duplication of a nomination (Jorhat Puja Mandir) which is located adjacent to an already POI, Jorhat Theatre Hall.

I have taken screenshot of the wayfarer map pin and marked the areas for convenience. The red marker pin is where I have nominated the potential POI, Jorhat Puja Mandir (temple), which is both a place of historic value and a religious place. It was placed on the boundary as it has sidewalks there running all around the complex. The yellow marked area is the entity being nominated. As confirmed by the conical shaped dome, typical of any Hindu temple. Whereas the previously accepted POI, Jorhat Theatre Hall (place for theatres and other performing arts), the marker is placed near the entrance gate. As seen in the map screenshot in blue X and the blue arrow points towards the place which has gray colored roof is known Jorhat theatre hall. It is also a historic place and a place for performing arts.

Now, though they are near to each other, they are separate entities. The reason they are within the same complex is because both the places were built around same time by the same group of individuals.

Now the issue is, since Jorhat Puja Mandir is marked as duplicate, I have been notified that the primary image i used to submit has been added to Jorhat Theatre Hall.

Now, even if I try to resubmit, every time, it will be duplicated because now the Jorhat Puja Mandir image will appear in the games. Even though both aren't same.

I request Niantic to remove the wrongly added image of Jorhat Puja Mandir from Jorhat Theatre Hall and also accept Jorhat Puja Mandir as an eligible POI as community had already reviewed and accepted it, just that it wrongfully marked it as duplicate.

For convenience, few other photos are attached for reference.

Translations of the text in local language (Assamese) is given below for determining the validity of the appeal. The arch seen in the photos have the below mentioned text written on its right and left vertically:

যােৰহাট থিয়েটাৰ (Jorhat Theatre)

যোৰহাট পূজা মন্দিৰ (Jorhat Puja Mandir)

Thanks!

Comments

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

You cannot appeal rejected PokeStop submission. You need to resubmit it. You can appeal a deletion of your photo, which is automatically getting added to the POI it got marked as a duplicate to.

• @LukeAllStars-PGO did you see the post of simply commented? It's an unique problem. It was not rejected. It was wrongly duplicated and it's primary image was added to the nearby POI.

Don't you see it's an unique case?

Yes, its a wrongfully marked submission. Thats the same like a rejection. And Niantic doesnt care :)

If you want it ingame, you have to resubmit it. No other chance, like I already told.

In the normal rejection mail theres the sentance "Changes to the result of the community review are not possible. If, however you believe your nomination should be eligeble, (...) feel free to (...) submit a new nomination. Thats the final statment. You can cry about as much as you want, Nia wont do anything than tell you the same as I did (believe me).

• Appeal Denied - Thanks for the appeal, Trainer. We're not currently reviewing PokéStop submissions. Please resubmit the nomination by improving its title/description if you feel that it was a valid nomination.

• @NianticGiffard... Thanks for not reading through the post and suggesting title/discussion improvement to resubmit instead.

Let me tell you that the title is the official title (which Niantic itself suggests) and description itself is what the place is well known for.

But the reason for duplication is because of reviewers rushing though the submissions (like you did now) and not taking effort to read what the description says.

Just by looking at the image, they saw the same entrance arch for both the nearby nominations and duplicated it right away.

I have no issue resubmitting it but issue is the primary image of my nomination is now been added to the nearby accepted POI as the same thing. Now, every time I resubmit, my submitted image will be seen as an alternate image and will be kept duplicating.

If you can't accept, the least you can do is remove the image i submitted.

Hopefully, this time, you read through the issue and decide judiciously.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TrainerAjB789-PGO Thanks for not reading what @LukeAllStars-PGO already told you.

You can request for the removal of the duplicate photo (although reviewers won't see it unless it's the one with the most votes), but you have to make the proper appeal for it. Read the forums for a little before ranting again and you'll have better chances of success.

The final decision of the community cant get changed by anyone. Your onlies posibiltiy is to resubmit the nomination. This is what he told you, this is what I told you. You are the one not reading/accepting the system....