Which affects my rating wayfarer?

Hello there

I had 63% compliance and a good(yellow) rating, then i made about 150 rewievs and currently my compliance grew to 73% but I have a fair(below yellow) rating. I don't understand it. More compliance = belows rating or what?

Tagged:

Answers

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

There are some nominations named "honeyspots", which are created by Nia to test whether you know the specific criteria or not. If you rate them wrong, you can sink very quick. 73% is very good, not gonna lie. I would say keep thw good work and hope for changes soon.

• hiashi121-PGOhiashi121-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

I think in this system are too more "hidden" things for example, "honeyspots" or only agreements earned while their Wayfinder profile rating was in good (yellow) or great (green) standing was counted towards the progress for this Medal. Both is not explained neither on the website nor in the game.

I have almost 1300 reviews, 73% agreements and fair rating, this discourages me more, rather than motivating me to further assessments...

Would use any feedback as sometimes I really don't know where I am making a mistake in review.

• Ellejayess-PGOEllejayess-PGO Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

I connect my score going down to cooldowns rather than honey pots. It's even happened sinply after getting the captcha.

I think scoring correctly on honeypots + agreements is how I eventually get my score back up.

The impact of cooldowns is particularly bad because it can tank your score when you've just rejected literal garbage 'Too fast'.

Hoping for a system rework in 2021.

• vonar581-PGOvonar581-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Niantic needs to improve the rep system for wayfarer. 76% positive reviews, over 500 reviewed and I went from a "great" to a "poor" standing in about 3 months Not sure how 76% in agreement with other wayfarers is "poor" or what I'm doing wrong lol.

• I'm the same my rating start going down as soon as Pokémon go got nominations and were able to review I think that groups of players are getting together to influence the votes of stops they want and when other review properly they're punished it puts you off reviewing

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your Wayfarer rating isn't based on just agreements, but also on whether you property assessed Niantic selected pre-reviewed nominations and other disciplinary actions, such as participating in Wayfarer abuse such as approving location edits that clearly moved the Wayspot away from the psychical object or misusing the "Generic Business" rejection rational.

• FrealafGB-PGOFrealafGB-PGO Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

If our wayfarer rating is affected by choosing the wrong edit then I'm going to be skipping those reviews! I didn't know this and I don't know how to guard against it since you can't see cell information in wayfarer anyway!

My main experience of location edits is a very blurry green field/sea of trees with 2 markers to pick from and I have no clue which is right.

Or 2 markers on the same blurry brown building roof, how would I know which is better?

Mostly these are just guesswork unless it's a town location with street view in which case yes, I can usually pick the most accurate and always do my best. So I won't be guessing anymore, will just skip and enjoy my next cool down!

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

If you have no indication of which is correct, why are you guessing? There is a "cannot find appropriate location" option for exactly these circumstances.

That said, @TheFarix-PGO is referring to situations where the correct choice is obvious but the reviewer intentionally chooses a different location. That is substantially different from what you've described (though what you've described likely influences your rating negatively regardless).

When they are close together (often on top of each other), or both correct, are you saying I should still choose "can't find appropriate location"? I just assumed either were fine. My assumption is that the item must exist at the location because it was approved already, therefore edits are usually just a fine tuning of the location and there can be cases where both are correct and I have no idea if one is more correct than the other!

• Damastaglen-PGODamastaglen-PGO Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

If they are within a few feet of each other and both correct there’s no reason to move, other than abuse and I mark as such.

I check Ingress Intel with S2 overlay and 99/100 it is a waypoint near the border of the cell and thereis another waypoint inside the same cell (so they are moving waypoint 1 a few feet across the cell ‘border’ into an empty cell to get it into Pokémon Go). If not, there will be a statue or something also in the cell that, I bet will be submitted if the move is approved.

From what I've seen, the only way to check cells within wayfarer actually breaks ToS, so I'm not going to do that just to decline moves that also aren't in line with how we should be using wayfarer. I'd prefer just to judge as well as I can based on the official tools provided.

Couldn't the 2 locations also just be cases where reviewers moved the pin away from the item and the submitter is trying to put it back to the right place? I have certainly made edits like that for some of my submissions because reviewers moved the pin inaccurately. For example, there were 2 similar trail markers in one place, and I submitted a particular one that was nicer and by the river, rather than the one by the road. But reviewers decided it must be the road one (I guess because of overreliance on street view), so I kept submitting the edit until the wayspot location actually matched its picture (which had the river in the background and was a different shaped marker)! I don't know or care about how the cells worked, but what if there was a cell boundary there? Should I have it marked as abuse just because I happen to want the correct location?

Not everything is done for an abusive reason. Sometimes the person actually standing there in person just knows a lot more than the reviewer! Sometimes I do feel that reviewers are overly suspicious and I would dearly love to know the true levels of abuse because I'm sure that in most areas it is very low. We just remember the abuse cases.

This conversation makes me feel like location edits are very risky for my rating unless it's absolutely clear where the item is and that one option is clearly better than the other... You're definitely making me nervous about doing these with all this talk of reporting for abuse and dropping ratings! Call me naive but I prefer to believe that submissions are usually made in good faith otherwise honestly what is the point in this at all?

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, did the total nomination reviewed also count all the edits reviewed?

I've reviewed many location edits, and many of those including title/description edit that influence the reviewers to choose the point they desired. In most cases I'll choose its previous location instead (as long as it's still accurate), however I didn't know if many other reviewers will follow what the submitter said instead and the edit become successful, hence I won't earn any agreements. However, my rating is still at great.

I hope Niantic will separate the count, and make total edits reviewed/accepted/rejected count instead.

The problem is that the original location can only be seen on the PC, on the phone (where I do most of the ratings) the original location does not differ from the edited one, so on what basis should I tell which is originally exist in the game and choose it if both are be on the object??

Secondly, in the wayfarer, you cannot see the cells, so it's hard to say where the better location will be so that more POIs appear in the game (of course, if the object is large enough that you can mark it in several places, e.g. church, playground, etc.)

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Please note that this is a 3rd party add on. Officially, they are prohibited but noone really cares.

These plug ins are definitely prohibited, when you look at installing it, it tells you on the first page thst it breaks ToS! Therefore I never installed it.

Also that is interesting that on a computer you can see the original location - indeed on a phone which is the only way I can review (I don't own a computer), I can't tell between the locations on an edit. They look the same.

It feels like Niantic want us to review like this, otherwise the main wayfarer site would include more information. If they wanted us to check cells or always know which location is the original, they would make it happen.